Page 6 of 170 FirstFirst 12345678910111656106 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ttrundle
    I just tried the alarm in a new meeting and got a soft reset too. Too bad, I liked this program but will now uninstall it. Nothing should run on a Treo that does that!
    it's BETA so if you're not up to dealing w\ some inconveniences while the bugs are worked out then wait for the final release.
    I'm not up to paying for "inconveniences" like soft resets. I'll wait.
    Hi all,

Real sorry about the crashes.
    I am going away for the weekend, but when I get back I will address all this.

Thanks for your patience.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Love the software - it's a definate buy - I'm encountering a bug that I think is more snapper related then anything. At one point, I was showing someone how to use IMAP on my Treo w/ their exchange server - showing off. Anyway, I eliminated the account and folders related to it... but 2day is picking up on it and telling me that I have over 3000 new messages that are new in an IMAP account that no longer exists. Is there any way to fix this? (I'll post this to the Snappermail Groups on yahoo as well). Tnx!
    Love this app seem to have a problem of it recording my e mails i have agendus and palm one mail it shows me how many e mails i have for agendus but 0 for palm one when i have about 60. if i click on the mail app that says 0 it takes me right to it which is great but i would like to see haw many i have before going there.Anyone else have this.

Fred
    Shimon,
    WOW, what a great app! I never followed the thread on this board about this TYPE of topic because I thought a "today" app would be useless for me. After I saw the post that YOU were the author (2Day Beta ShSh) I thought I would give it a gander to see what you have been up too!

I am hooked and will be buying this shortly! You really know how to do your apps up right! This is as good, if not better then TAKEphONE. It flows with the Treo very well. Also, as usual, you have left almost no stones unturned. This has a bunch of bells and whistles, which you know I like

I have a request as well, can you look into adding a "quick view" for 2DAY.
    There is an app called "ClockPop5" that I use. I love how I can press a button (hard button #2 in my case) and have it "pop up" and not disturb anything. Unlike an application that is launched and then you have to go back to the one you were on, with ClockPop5, you press and hold the button, it pops up as long as you hold the button. After you release it, you are right back where you were before. Just like it never happened.

I have 2Day on a hardkey, but there are times where I just want to look at it really quick (for the time, or a quick overview) and return to the application I was on. If you could incorperate a "quick view" option on 2DAY too (to show the main screen for example), then with a press&hold of a hardkey could do this. Or even a press+another key. Like Menu+the key you have 2DAY assigned to, or what ever.

What are your thoughts?
    Thanks and best regards, Matt

ShSh software user
    2DAY-2PHONE-2WEB-2CONTACTS...it's just 2GOOD!
    I totally concur with Burkhardi that such a "pop" feature would be highly useful.

Regards,
    --Mathew
    Quote Originally Posted by mathewlu
    I totally concur with Burkhardi that such a "pop" feature would be highly useful.

Regards,
    --Mathew
    See my post in this thread #59 using bob's poplaunch. I think it works great
    Heya Shimon,
    One more little request. When your in the main 2DAY page, you have the date on the top left of the screen. Can you make the date turn to a different color for the current day? For example the current date is black, could you make it turn to another color for any date OTHER then the current date, or make every date black EXCEPT for the current day.

I often forget the current day (the number/date), and I am better with colors then symbols, if the current day would change color, then when I was scrolling thru the dates with 2DAY, I would know when I was at today. This may just me a "me" thing, so if it's not a cake walk, don't sweat it at all.

Thanks again, Matt
    Last edited by Burkhardi; 07/22/2004 at 10:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    See my post in this thread #59 using bob's poplaunch. I think it works great
    I thought poplaunch woudl Launch the app, not just pop it up for a tad?
    I'll look at it tonight, THX

Had a horrid time trying to find it. I had to join the Yahoo group too. It's in the files section
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RarM_S...s_PopupLaunch/

Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    I think I found a fix with Bob's PopLaunch. You can get it here...

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RarM_Software/

Here's how I have it configured. There may be a better way. I just started messing with it.

1.In 2day turn OFF the option to let the datebook button launch.
    2.In Bob's PopLaunch
    a.enable
    b.configure
    c.uncheck "default"
    d.check "btn" in the calendar row and wake column
    e.select "launch" at the top of the screen
    f.check calendar
    g.select "2day" from the drop down list
    h.select "misc" at top of screen
    i.check "popup apps"
    j.select "soft" from the button lock drop menu

Now when in any app you can press and hold the datebook button and a box will appear in the middle of the screen. The icon in the box should change back and forth from your datebook app (for me it's datebook 5 hopefully it works with the others) and 2day. Release for whichever you want to open.

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by Burkhardi; 07/16/2004 at 07:38 PM.
    Matt, As far as I can tell you are right, poplaunch actually launches the app (as opposed to just popping it up clockpop style). I think a couple of us have been pretty keen on 2day having the ability to pop up clock pop style. Hopefully Shimon will implement this sometime soon.

Dutch's poplaunch idea is a good one, I'm using it now, but there are a couple of places where it falls short of what clockpop does so well. First, clockpop actually just pops up for a moment and then recedes as soon as you release the hard button you have assigned to it. Even more importantly, clock pop will pop up right over another app and then go away as soon as you release the button (This enables you to quickly check the date/time while you are in another app). As far as I can tell, poplaunch doesn't do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    I thought poplaunch woudl Launch the app, not just pop it up for a tad?
    I'll look at it tonight, THX

Had a horrid time trying to find it. I had to join the Yahoo group too. It's in the files section
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RarM_S...s_PopupLaunch/
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsjmail
    Matt, As far as I can tell you are right, poplaunch actually launches the app (as opposed to just popping it up clockpop style). I think a couple of us have been pretty keen on 2day having the ability to pop up clock pop style. Hopefully Shimon will implement this sometime soon.

Dutch's poplaunch idea is a good one, I'm using it now, but there are a couple of places where it falls short of what clockpop does so well. First, clockpop actually just pops up for a moment and then recedes as soon as you release the hard button you have assigned to it. Even more importantly, clock pop will pop up right over another app and then go away as soon as you release the button (This enables you to quickly check the date/time while you are in another app). As far as I can tell, poplaunch doesn't do this.
    I agree with you guys. Hopefully this will be built in a later release. This is just the best I could come up with in the mean time.
    Had Soft Resets on Several Different Occasions due to program. Uninstalled it and everything returned to normal. I like the program for what it did ... not as "clean" a look as I prefer (check out the feel and look of the Facer program.) Just my opinion of course, but I would prefer the ability to have a little less clutter with a little bit cleaner a look. If you consider the purpose of the app, it is advertised to be a "today" page which is a starting point .. Not necessarily an alternative to the launcher system.

I agree with the person above when suggesting that it isnít worth paying for if it has obvious flaws or is still in a beta version. I can appreciate one wanting to get some reward for their hard work and labor but at the same time Ö

Well anyway, I donít want to start a debate. I believe the author has done a fine job so far but it does need some work. I will keep a watchful/interested eye on further developments.
    I have been testing several similar Programs and have come to find ...

I like the look of "Today" and "Facer" both are very clean, non-cluttered, easy to read and navigate.

"Today" the e-mail notification system does not work as it does in "2day"

"Facer" the signal strength does not work at all as it does in "2day"

"2day" everything seems to work .. given the random soft resets. Even though the look is customizable, the general feel is a bit cluttered and hard to read in the standard settings
    Quote Originally Posted by treogables

"2day" everything seems to work .. given the random soft resets. Even though the look is customizable, the general feel is a bit cluttered and hard to read in the standard settings
    Are you using a "wallpaper"? That may be one issue?
    Try using the ShSh background or none? I started to use the ShSh background and find it a lot "Cleaner" looking.

For what it's worth, Matt

As far as 2DAY QuickView
    First, clockpop actually just pops up for a moment and then recedes as soon as you release the hard button you have assigned to it. Even more importantly, clock pop will pop up right over another app and then go away as soon as you release the button (This enables you to quickly check the date/time while you are in another app).
    That is exactly what I was trying to explain, thanks!
    This seems a little more popular then I thought, perhaps this is a good sign
    Has anyone gotten 2day to work with Chatter? It will monitor, but won't let me enable mail while disabling IM. And it gets the mail message count wrong, and the mail icon appears when there's no new mail.
    Quote Originally Posted by cue79
    Love the software - it's a definate buy - I'm encountering a bug that I think is more snapper related then anything. At one point, I was showing someone how to use IMAP on my Treo w/ their exchange server - showing off. Anyway, I eliminated the account and folders related to it... but 2day is picking up on it and telling me that I have over 3000 new messages that are new in an IMAP account that no longer exists. Is there any way to fix this? (I'll post this to the Snappermail Groups on yahoo as well). Tnx!
    Hi,

I guess the file itself for that folder was left behind. Maybe try to remove it using a utility like FileZ.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Had Soft Resets on Several Different Occasions due to program. Uninstalled it and everything returned to normal. I like the program for what it did ... not as "clean" a look as I prefer (check out the feel and look of the Facer program.) Just my opinion of course, but I would prefer the ability to have a little less clutter with a little bit cleaner a look. If you consider the purpose of the app, it is advertised to be a "today" page which is a starting point .. Not necessarily an alternative to the launcher system.

>>> Thanks for the inputs. The purpose of the app is indeed to be a starting >>> point for today - and that's why it shows today's items in details. It also >>> (tries) to show all current 'things to notice' like emails, sms, ....
    >>>
    >>> If the background skin bothers you - you can select the "no skin"
    >>> options to get a clean background, and even select it's color.

I agree with the person above when suggesting that it isnít worth paying for if it has obvious flaws or is still in a beta version. I can appreciate one wanting to get some reward for their hard work and labor but at the same time Ö

>>> Of course I dont expect anyone to pay for a software that resets.
    >>> This is exactly what the 30-days trial period (full featured) is there for.
    >>> I can promise you that if within those 30 days I will not be able to
    >>> get rid of those problems - I will extent the trial period to another 30
    >>> days (and so on...).
    >>> And - as you implied - I do this for a living, so I hope no one blames me
    >>> for trying to sell this...

Well anyway, I donít want to start a debate. I believe the author has done a fine job so far but it does need some work. I will keep a watchful/interested eye on further developments.

>>> Thanks !
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Well I've tried others like Facer, which seems too clunky, doesn't have full 5 way nav support, and is really a launcher program. I think 2day shows the most promise. It has a cleaner look, easy to use and great features. I don't need a launcher program that requires 4 or 5 different files to install and takes up 2MB of space.

Also TAKEphONE is a Treo user, a member of the family here, and answers questions as they arise. Hey I've had a couple of soft resets, but this is BETA boys (and girls) give the guy a chance.

I'm hooked, keep churning code brother.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    Here's a couple of wallpaper images I made that seem to work well. Based on the Mac OS X desktop. Works best if you also choose a matching background color.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>