Page 47 of 170 FirstFirst ... 3742434445464748495051525797147 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE
    Hi all,

Yet another 4cast version - 1.17 (001) - at www.shsh.com/products:

- Treo: show radio & power gadgets.
    - Added "Refresh" & "Select city" to right-nav. menu.
    - Fix for redrawing main screen after alert/alarm popups.

Thanks.
    Very nice! Thanks!
    Robert
    Please visit my moblog, Robert-O-Rama
    Hi, Shimon.

A couple of comments/requests on 2day/4cast integration:

- I think you decided not to allow automatic updating of the 4cast data from within 2day. I'd like you to reconsider that decision. If I have to go to another app to get the data upated, I could almost as easily go to a web site and get the data directly. The benefit of this plugin is that the data is right there on the screen that I view so often, but if it isn't kept up-to-date, it isn't all that valuable.

- In the past I indicated that the top line (with battery, time to next meeting, etc.) scrolled off the screen as the day progressed. You said you couldn't currently fix that top line in place (bummer). I got around that by selecting "Hide past items if showing today". Now, however, with that top line turned on, the 4cast plug-in turned on, and a "no time" event on a given day, the top line scrolls off again. I really need that top line, so I now have to disable 4cast (at least on days with "no time" events,such as a denoted holiday or whatever). Is there anything you can do about this?

Thanks!
    --Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike129
    Hi, Shimon.

A couple of comments/requests on 2day/4cast integration:

- I think you decided not to allow automatic updating of the 4cast data from within 2day. I'd like you to reconsider that decision. If I have to go to another app to get the data upated, I could almost as easily go to a web site and get the data directly. The benefit of this plugin is that the data is right there on the screen that I view so often, but if it isn't kept up-to-date, it isn't all that valuable.

- In the past I indicated that the top line (with battery, time to next meeting, etc.) scrolled off the screen as the day progressed. You said you couldn't currently fix that top line in place (bummer). I got around that by selecting "Hide past items if showing today". Now, however, with that top line turned on, the 4cast plug-in turned on, and a "no time" event on a given day, the top line scrolls off again. I really need that top line, so I now have to disable 4cast (at least on days with "no time" events,such as a denoted holiday or whatever). Is there anything you can do about this?

Thanks!
    --Mike

Mike,

I agree with the auto-update. There are a lot of apps that auto-update/fetch such as snappermail. I would love to see this happen with 4Cast.
    "Me too" on the auto-update thing, and I hope Shimon reconsiders this issue. I already have an Accuweather page for my town saved as a bookmark. It loads the week's weather forecast quickly, but I have to manually open my web app and then update the page. It would be great if 4cast has more functionality than this, by at least refreshing early every morning without needing any prompting from me. With auto-updates, 4cast would instantly become a "must-have" for every wireless pda owner.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Quote Originally Posted by dpwaters
    Mike,

I agree with the auto-update. There are a lot of apps that auto-update/fetch such as snappermail. I would love to see this happen with 4Cast.
    I also agree.

One more option to be added to 4Cast directly. You just added the Refresh function, thank you... BUT adding a refresh ALL (your current list of cities) would be even better, since if I want to check a few of the other cities at times especially when I am traveling, then I have to wait for a manual update to happen every-time I change to a new city when the time period has passed. With this new feature at least it is a little easier to deal with no auto updates. (FOR NOW)
    I also request to have several days icons with high/low
    pic today /H/L Pic tomorrow /H/L and as many other days as possible.
    I also agree with the auto update.
    Shimon,
    have have this problem:
    I am a registred user of 2day since several weeks. It is a great app !
    But I noted that, with one of the first versions, if I clicked on the 2day hard button from 2day it started Agendus. Perfect

Now, with version 1.76, if, from 2day, I click again 2day hard button it starts Palm1 calendar built-in app.

What have I wrong ?

David
    Make sure Agendus is the app in the normal Palm Pref screen for that button.

Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike129

Thanks!
    --Mike
    Hi,

I cant seem to be able to recreate this.
    Can you post/email me (contact@shsh.com) a screenshot, or more data on how to recreate this ?

Thanks.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
    Hi,

Aggregated responds:

1. Auto-update: I know SnapperMail does background update, as well as other applications, but look at how much they all cost...
    Bottom line - the price I set for 4cast ($5) does not justify to me the time I would have to spend on developing background updates AND the time to debug it - it's a MUCH more complicated task...
    You only have to select the plugin line to have the update done (no need to launch web browser, ...)

2. 5-day forecast - is only a button press away - press on the plugin line, and you will see the 5 day forecast in the 4cast screen.
    You can also just go to the next day (5way right) within 2day to see it's forecast.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Hi,

Aggregated responds:

1. Auto-update: I know SnapperMail does background update, as well as other applications, but look at how much they all cost...
    Bottom line - the price I set for 4cast ($5) does not justify to me the time I would have to spend on developing background updates AND the time to debug it - it's a MUCH more complicated task...
    You only have to select the plugin line to have the update done (no need to launch web browser, ...)

2. 5-day forecast - is only a button press away - press on the plugin line, and you will see the 5 day forecast in the 4cast screen.
    You can also just go to the next day (5way right) within 2day to see it's forecast.

Ok, I understand no auto updates. BUT PLEASE Allow for this type of function. Currently if I want to see the weather of a few different locations, I have to select them manually and wait for them to be updated manually everytime. Here is what I wrote in a few threads earlier.

Thank you for adding the Refresh function, BUT adding also a refresh ALL (your current list of cities on the menu) would be even better, since if I want to check a few of the other cities at times especially when I am traveling, then I have to wait for a manual update to happen every-time I change to a new city (when the time period has passed.) With this new feature at least it is a little easier to deal with no auto updates.
    Hi,

...4cast ($5) does not justify to me the time I would have to spend on developing background updates AND the time to debug it...
    How about 4cast Plus @ $10
    Quote Originally Posted by elysian9
    How about 4cast Plus @ $10
    I'd go for that.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Hi,

I cant seem to be able to recreate this.
    Can you post/email me (contact@shsh.com) a screenshot, or more data on how to recreate this ?

Thanks.
    Well, I don't know how to create a screenshot (but will do so if you tell me how). Regardless, I'll try to come up with a set of steps that works and mail them to you.

--Mike
    I've found that 1.18 has helped with crashes resulting from adding/editing cities, but... using zip codes to search deos not work and results in many random cities being added to the list. Then, there is no way to delete these cities without removing the cities DB. I've had to uninstall/reinstall 4 times to get my cities corrected. Also, shouldn't typing a zip code change the SELECT button to ADD?
    Mike, there is a freeware utility called "Snap." It is avilable at Palm Gear - search for "snap."

Ben
    Hi,

Version 1.24 of 4cast is at www.shsh.com/products

- "Recent cities": Can now delete a city from the list, and refresh ALL list.
    - Added display for barometric pressure.
    - Progress indication.
    - Fix for reset issue when disconnecting.

Thanks.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger
    Mike, there is a freeware utility called "Snap." It is avilable at Palm Gear - search for "snap."

Ben
    Thanks, Ben. I will.

--Mike
    I like the addition of the Barometer reading - now if it would only tell me the local surf forcast!
    Hi,

Version 1.26 of '4cast' at www.shsh.com/products

Found the cause for resets when selecting/adding a city.
    Fixed !

Thanks...
    Shimon Shnitzer