Page 46 of 170 FirstFirst ... 3641424344454647484950515696146 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mike
    I did not want to get anybody wound up. I will save that for the Red Sox fans. I agree that Shimon does good work and that this program is great. I was upset that everything went through smoothly and was automated. The confirming email was sent in 5 mins. I can understand if he wants to keep the Reg codes tight. But there was no mention on the site that he was unavailable. It said it would send the code shortly. And if I have to wait for him to get back into town next week then I will. Now if I can explain why I got upset. Because my 30 day trial ran out today I can not get into my calendar until I register 2Day. I guess I will have to go in and delete the 2 day program and wait for the code and then reinstall. But it was a pain when half way through a meeting I discovered that I could not get into my calendar. I also set up short cuts on the 2day screen that I could not access. Is this trival Yes Was it annoying during the meeting Yes
    what do you mean you can't get into your calendar because 2day is not registered and your trial period is over? 2day is not a calendar replacement. i use 2day and datebk5 and i don't need either to see my appointments under the normal 'datebook' app.

maybe i'm confused or something.
    Burkhardi, Thank You. I was able to get my calendar back. I don't remember changing the hard button to activate 2day but it was set that way. I did have 2day as my main screen on start up. I set it up so that I could access anything from the main page. I will wait quitely for my code to arrive.
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE
    People I am sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry.....

Dont know why, but it got stuck into my head you were all reffering to Chatter !

Regarding Verichat:

1. I can not bypass the on-screen alert when you have an incoming IM.

2. Only notification I can show is if you dismiss that alert and then the notification stays in the alert manager.

Sorry for waisting your time...
    Hi Shimon,

I am using VeriChat, version 2.27b, and they've finally implemented the feature for the incoming IM to be dismissed and for it to show up in the alert manager. The problem is that it doesn't show an icon letting me know I have a new IM. Instead it shows the red asterik letting me know I have an alert in the alert manager. I understand that you are not able to supress the pop-up box that appears from VeriChat, or even bypass it for that matter, but I thought that if the notification stays in the alert manager, as per what you said above, then the IM notification should be present then, right?

Please help me with this because I am thoroughly confused!

Thanks!

P.S. - I love the work you're doing with 4Cast. It's a great app!
    Handspring Visor w/Sprint Mobile Card --> Sprint Treo 300 --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 755p
    I did not want to get anybody wound up. I will save that for the Red Sox fans. I agree that Shimon does good work and that this program is great. I was upset that everything went through smoothly and was automated. The confirming email was sent in 5 mins. I can understand if he wants to keep the Reg codes tight. But there was no mention on the site that he was unavailable. It said it would send the code shortly. And if I have to wait for him to get back into town next week then I will. Now if I can explain why I got upset. Because my 30 day trial ran out today I can not get into my calendar until I register 2Day. I guess I will have to go in and delete the 2 day program and wait for the code and then reinstall. But it was a pain when half way through a meeting I discovered that I could not get into my calendar. I also set up short cuts on the 2day screen that I could not access. Is this trival Yes Was it annoying during the meeting Yes
    But the most tense and uptight Boston guy is looking like a Budist Monk compared to you right now. Shimon is one of the most customer-consious developers in these forums. I'm sure you'll get your registration soon. And when you say you can't get into your datebook, what app are you talking about?? The default datebook client or different? They are seperate apps so you should be able to access the other app you speak of regardless of 2day's registration status. Try decaf. I understand it tastes as good as the regular stuff.
    Burkhardi, Thank You. I was able to get my calendar back. I don't remember changing the hard button to activate 2day but it was set that way. I did have 2day as my main screen on start up. I set it up so that I could access anything from the main page. I will wait quitely for my code to arrive.
    Your welcome, at least you not 'crippled' now untill Shimon gets you that code!

The Palm convention in Germany shouyld be over now. We all should hear from Shimon soon....I hope he has some good news, new tricks and some pictures for us too!
    Shimon,

Don't know if this has been covered before, and forgive me if it has...

When entering the alarm advance time in 2Day, the Treo 600 doesn't default to "number" mode. Any way to change this?
    I find that annoying as well. It should default to number mode.
    I definitely should.
    Hi all,

I'm back ! and with a Treo !!!

To the point:

0. I am REALLY sorry for "vanishing" away like this. I know now I should have updated my web-site about this (the fact I will not have access during the week). I did set up an auto-responder with my ISP, but it did not seem to work...
    Again - SORRRRRYYYYYYYYY.

1. Auto-update:
    I will not be doing updates in the background (when 4cast or 2day is not running). What I will do is - allow an auto-update whenever it's due, and either 4cast or 2day is launched.
    Meaning:
    As long as the device is off or you are in another application, there are NO updates.
    Once you are in 4cast or 2day - whenever an update is due (or past-due) it will be done automatically.

2. Yahoo issues:
    This is a problem I identified (I think) with the site layout. I will try to fix this asap.

Thanks !
    Shimon
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
    Congratulations on the Treo 600! Now, I and lots of others are wondering what software you are going to be installing on it.................Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger
    Congratulations on the Treo 600! Now, I and lots of others are wondering what software you are going to be installing on it.................Ben
    Oh - you want me to get into trouble with my fellow developers ?

2day
    TAKEphONE
    4cast
    4sure ... just kidding - no such app (yet)
    Treo shortcuts
    Shimon Shnitzer
    heehee, we're not gonna see shimon again for a while as he gets to know his new treo!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ido
    heehee, we're not gonna see shimon again for a while as he gets to know his new treo!!!!!
    i agree - i got my wife one on friday and i haven't seen her since. LOL!!
    Shimon, none of us will say a word about what you type.

DpWaters - my wife is looking to upgrading me to a 650 and she getting my 600. So, based on your statement, I look forward to the upgrade now. Big problem though is that she has a 300 and is basically familiar with its operation.

Shimon, may I recommend installing the following:
    TakePhone, 2Day (not yesterday), 4Cast (weather is almost always the same here in paradise, but it does come in handy having it so convenient when talking to a friend on the mainland, SnapperMail, Chatter, Datebook 5, RescoViewer, Call Filter, Call Shield, Causerie, BackupManager, Bob's Alarm, Card Keeper, Cradle Robber, Filez, HanDBase, LightNZip, PAR, Pocket Tunes, Teal Lock, Treo Guard, Treo Helper, EReader, MyAlbum, Pocket Lingo (two dictionaries and one thesaurus), the Bible, and that is not even touching the tip of the iceburg.

Ben
    Hi all,

New 4cast version at www.shsh.com/products:

- Fix for Yahoo data parsing (showed zero temperatures).
    - Fix for endless loop when trying to get data with wireless off.
    - UP in main view opens menu.
    - RIGHT opens recent cities list.

Thanks.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Shimon, none of us will say a word about what you type.

DpWaters - my wife is looking to upgrading me to a 650 and she getting my 600. So, based on your statement, I look forward to the upgrade now. Big problem though is that she has a 300 and is basically familiar with its operation.

Shimon, may I recommend installing the following:
    TakePhone, 2Day (not yesterday), 4Cast (weather is almost always the same here in paradise, but it does come in handy having it so convenient when talking to a friend on the mainland, SnapperMail, Chatter, Datebook 5, RescoViewer, Call Filter, Call Shield, Causerie, BackupManager, Bob's Alarm, Card Keeper, Cradle Robber, Filez, HanDBase, LightNZip, PAR, Pocket Tunes, Teal Lock, Treo Guard, Treo Helper, EReader, MyAlbum, Pocket Lingo (two dictionaries and one thesaurus), the Bible, and that is not even touching the tip of the iceburg.

Ben
    bclinger - that is quite a list of apps. Should get Shimon off to a good start. Couple questions for you: do you find yourself using 2day and TakePhone more and more and using Datebook5 less and less?? I'm considering a more in-depth contact db and task mgmt software to compliment 2day and TakePhone (Datebook5 or Agendus and/or LifeBalance) and was wondering if the utility of these apps decrease as Shimon;s apps become more feature-rich. Lastly, what model and year is that motorcycle? Nice bike.

Welcome back Shimon.
    Any chance of adding an option to show the next few days icons of weather instead of the weather right now? I pretty much just need to know if it is going to rain or snow a few days early.

Thanks again. How was the confrence? Any pictures or new things you learned?
    I like the interface of both and really am comfortable with Datebook 5, having used it for about three years. Anyway, after an adjustment period with 2Day, I use it as the entry point to Datebook 5. Being able to move around using the 5-way and never touching the stylus is a big plus. As for Takephone itself, I use it exclusively, staying as far away from the built-in dialer as possible. Also just to throw something else in, I use Call Filter and Call Shield (CF more) and frankly, it, TakePhone and 2Day make an awesome combination. I have not used Agendus though I have read a lot about it and never have heard of LifeBalance. The growth of Shimon's apps and that of a few others has meant a reduction in the number of apps on the Treo. The bike is an 86 Kawasaki Vulcan in need of a washing. Paradise here is dusty something fierce, but still fun to cycle in. Take care! Ben
    Anyway, after an adjustment period with 2Day, I use it as the entry point to Datebook 5. Being able to move around using the 5-way and never touching the stylus is a big plus.
    Same here... the stylus-free operation is great. I rarely find myself directly accessing DateBk5 anymore.
    Robert
    Please visit my moblog, Robert-O-Rama
    Hi all,

Yet another 4cast version - 1.17 (001) - at www.shsh.com/products:

- Treo: show radio & power gadgets.
    - Added "Refresh" & "Select city" to right-nav. menu.
    - Fix for redrawing main screen after alert/alarm popups.

Thanks.
    Shimon Shnitzer