Page 45 of 170 FirstFirst ... 3540414243444546474849505595145 ... LastLast
    Hi shimon
    I seem to have the same thing happen as mike i have 4cast to refresh every hour when i look at 2day it is my last temp. when i go into 4 cast it then refreshes it.

Fred
    My 30 day trial period for 2day is almost over. (I have 2 more weeks of 4cast) I really like the features and will most likely buy it. But is the fee a yearly fee or lifetime? What if the software is updated do I have to pay for updates? The same questions go for 4cast. Thanks for your help
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mike
    My 30 day trial period for 2day is almost over. (I have 2 more weeks of 4cast) I really like the features and will most likely buy it. But is the fee a yearly fee or lifetime? What if the software is updated do I have to pay for updates? The same questions go for 4cast. Thanks for your help
    It's a one-time fee and updates are free as well.
    It seems like with Takephone (same developer, I seem to remember there being an upgrade charge to version 6. However, since I originally purchased Takephone when it was already v6, I could be completely wrong.

Mike, I say go for it!
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    It seems like with Takephone (same developer, I seem to remember there being an upgrade charge to version 6. However, since I originally purchased Takephone when it was already v6, I could be completely wrong.
    I hope you are wrong. I purchased Takephone and 2day and I have the expectation of free upgrades. If this is not true, I would be quite disappointed.
    I asked this a long time ago in the forum before I bought it and he said yes free upgrades.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Shimon,

First let me say good work on 2day. I would not want to do requirements gathering in a forum, I respect the way you have responded to all the requests.

I believe I have found a problem with the lookup functionality and its compatability with Agendus. When I am creating a meeting or todo in 2day and I lookup a contact the entry is added as:

Test Apt[Last, First] H: 444-333-2222

In Agendus a meeting with a contact would take the form of:

Test Apt [Last, First]

There are a couple of significant differences. The lack of a space from the text to the "[" causes the last character of the text to be cut off in Agendus. Also, having the phone number after the "]" prevents the name from being recognized as a contact by Agendus.

If it were possible to optionally have the address lookup return with the format of "[^name, ^first]" it would better integrate with Agendus.

Regardless, good work.
    Everex Freestyle -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Deluxe -> Sony CLIE -> Kyrocera 6035 -> Toshiba e740 -> Tungsten T2 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre

visorcentral -> treo|central -> pre|central.net
    I paid my fee for the 2Day software yesterday but I still have not gotten my reg code. I got the confirmation email about 10 mins after I paid which said the reg code will follow in a seperate email. But as of 10:00 this morning still no email. Which is a problem because my 30 day trial period is over and I don't want to loose all of the setting etc. Does it usually take this long to have the reg code sent? I sent a follow up email this morning but no reply so far. Thanks for all your help this board is great. Mike
    I paid for mine on a Friday afternoon and got the code on Sunday morning. If you bought it from Palmgear, they say it may take 48 hours to get the code.
    I purchased it directly from Sh SH software web site. I guess it it takes a day or two to get I will loose my settings. I am kind of surprised that would take so long to get.
    It usualy doesn't take as long, but shimon went away for the weekend, so I guess it will take a little longer now..
    Is he the only one who can send the Reg Code?
    Is he the only one who can send the Reg Code? That's not to good for business. And if he is out of town for the weekend. It's only Wednesday. That means I will not get the reg code until Monday at the earliest. Six days after I purchased the software. Thats not sitting to well with me right now.
    Is he the only one who can send the Reg Code? That's not to good for business. And if he is out of town for the weekend. It's only Wednesday. That means I will not get the reg code until Monday at the earliest. Six days after I purchased the software. Thats not sitting to well with me right now.
    And of course Shimon lives to please you Mike. Relax. You'll get your code. He is at the Palm Developer event in Europe. That cant be bad for us even if it takes a few extra days to get a reg code.

No one has any patience anymore. I want it and I want it now! Boohoo.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    I hope Shimon does not live to please me. And I am sure he will get me the code. But I find it odd that someone who could design this software could not set up a automatic system that the Reg code gets sent once the payment is made. And yes I would like it now. I did pay for it. It's not freeware.
    calm down dude. He is the best guy to deal with. He answers every e-mail, and every posting. I'm sure that providing the serials via e-mail cuts down on the warez and shareing of serial numbers. You lived this long with an unregisted version I'm sure a few more days won't hurt.
    I hope Shimon does not live to please me. And I am sure he will get me the code. But I find it odd that someone who could design this software could not set up a automatic system that the Reg code gets sent once the payment is made. And yes I would like it now. I did pay for it. It's not freeware.
    I think it's a one man show at ShSh.com? Shimon is a standup guy, he is at a Plam convention in Germany. Knowing him, he will check his email, but perhaps he will not.

He will take care of this as soon as he can. Let me rephrase that, as soon as humanly posiable.

This system is not automated to my knowelge and he used your hotsync ID to make the unlock code to keep the theft down. This seems to be a popular way to do things now.

I can understand your fustration, but as people have said, he'll get it to you, relax a little. If this is the worse thing going on in your life, you are a lucky man, if not, then is trivial IMHO.

In closing, I would have a hard time saying what you said, seeing I can't even write said applications or this auto unlock coding deal you think should be easy. Perhaps you can write an app to do that and sell it to Shimon.

Sorry to rag on you, it's just Shimon is the last person it deserve heat like this. Look at the thoussands of posts here and at MTDN and perhaps you'll cut him some slack while he is at the Palm converntion learning how to improve out Treo's even more.

I'll get off my soap box now.
    Perhaps I got up on the wrong side of the bed today, if so, sorry for the unwarranted post.
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    First I want to chime in and say what an incredible application this is. I don't have a lot of 3rd part apps on my Palm, but 2Day will undoubtedly be my main PDA view for a long time to come. It has made organizing and scheduling my daily appoints a breeze to coordinate. I have made far fewer conflicting appointments just because this app makes it so simple to perform a quick check. Not to mention that the to-do list has now become a useful tool.

Something for you to look at: uh nevermind.. I was misidentifying the "missed call" icon as the ringer off. So it's perfect

Treo 600: CDMA (Sprint)
    2Day: 1.31 (076)
    Last edited by cooneyca; 10/02/2004 at 12:47 PM.
    I did not want to get anybody wound up. I will save that for the Red Sox fans. I agree that Shimon does good work and that this program is great. I was upset that everything went through smoothly and was automated. The confirming email was sent in 5 mins. I can understand if he wants to keep the Reg codes tight. But there was no mention on the site that he was unavailable. It said it would send the code shortly. And if I have to wait for him to get back into town next week then I will. Now if I can explain why I got upset. Because my 30 day trial ran out today I can not get into my calendar until I register 2Day. I guess I will have to go in and delete the 2 day program and wait for the code and then reinstall. But it was a pain when half way through a meeting I discovered that I could not get into my calendar. I also set up short cuts on the 2day screen that I could not access. Is this trival Yes Was it annoying during the meeting Yes
    It locked you out of the default OE Calendar app?
    Do you still have 2day set as the defualt for that hard buttton?
    Go to the application launcher and open the 'prefs' app and goto 'buttons' and see what it's set at. That's strange about the calendar being locked out. Have you tried to delete 2day and the assoicated files (using FileZ to do so)?

Can you explain 'locked out', do you get a message saying that? The app will not launch, or it gives an error.
    Forgive all the questions, just tring to get an understanding of what your going thru.
    Regards