Page 41 of 170 FirstFirst ... 3136373839404142434445465191141 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by neill
    Shimon, the 4cast interface is just gorgeous! Can you make it show the current temperature?
    I asked earlier in the thread and Shimon said there wasn't room.

Shimon, now that I look a the screen, I think there are 2 other options (besides what I mentioned earlier):

1. Drop the location tag. I set it up, I know where its reporting on or
    2. Drop the graphic or the text for the forecast (e.g., Partly Cloudy) as they convey the same information (I assume).

Either would make room for at least the current temp.

Thanks!
    --Mike
    Add my vote to showing current temp instead of or as an option in place of the forecasted hi/low. It's nice to see what the forecast will be, but the value is to be able to see what the temp is at the time so you know what to expect when you walk out.
    It is wonderful as is but the actual temp would be good too. I'd also like to add a vote for a stock plug-in and even top news alerts. I prefer to save .10 and not get this info via SMS.

BTW, I registered this program immediately even though VZW Wireless Sync provides this information (including current temp) at each sync without all of the color. I just like the way 2day! has it readily available on the screen I have up most of the time.

Shimon,
    Why not open up 2day! to multiple screen with plugin data by pressing the option+navigator keys?
    Last edited by Beryl; 09/22/2004 at 04:37 PM.
    Sorry, no desire for stock info, I think keep each program small, sweet and fast.

How about just pictures of the 5 days, all I want to know is temp H/L and weather it will rain or not.

Something like
    today's pic H/L tomorrows pic H/L next pic H/L until you run out of room

That'd be sweet!

Your still the best even if you leave the programs the way you have them now!!
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobvark
    Sorry, no desire for stock info, I think keep each program small, sweet and fast.

How about just pictures of the 5 days, all I want to know is temp H/L and weather it will rain or not.

Something like
    today's pic H/L tomorrows pic H/L next pic H/L until you run out of room

That'd be sweet!

Your still the best even if you leave the programs the way you have them now!!
    Kinda what I said earlier...

rob
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I'd also rather have the current temp than the hi/low for the day (at least in the 2day screen have the current temp and in the main prog have the hi/low). Without the current temp this product isn't really useful to me......hope you can add that in and then i'll for sure purchase 4cast!

Tray
    Quote Originally Posted by trayip
    I'd also rather have the current temp than the hi/low for the day (at least in the 2day screen have the current temp and in the main prog have the hi/low). Without the current temp this product isn't really useful to me......hope you can add that in and then i'll for sure purchase 4cast!

Tray
    i agree.
    We have not heard back from Shimon for a short while! I think he is busy sitting behind the computer banging away on the keyboard with all the feature/options/changes we have been asking for! :-)

Keep up the great work.
    Just to put in my 2cents.. I quite like the way that 4cast is already set up with both the high and low showing right on the mainscreen in 2day.. but I don't see why you couldn't also have the current temp (I would like this as well) along with those on the same line in 2day. There seems like there would be plenty of room just to also add in the current temp.

I should add that Shimon is doing a stellar job so far with this utility!
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Shimon lives 7 hours ahead of us in Israel, which based on EST time would be 2 in the morning. He should be asleep
    Quote Originally Posted by trayip
    Shimon lives 7 hours ahead of us in Israel, which based on EST time would be 2 in the morning. He should be asleep
    He usually is STARTING to think about going to bed around this time!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike129
    2. Drop the graphic or the text for the forecast (e.g., Partly Cloudy) as they convey the same information (I assume).
    So, after a bit more use, it appears that the forecast icon never changes. On my system it is always Parly Cloudy/Sunny no matter what the day or forecast text for my area is. If that icon doesn't change, you can certainly remove it to make room. If it is supposed to change and this is just a bug, forget this posting.

--Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike129
    Yes, I mean in 2day (but it obviously also makes sense for 4cast itself).

Yes, there isn't much room, but I don't need to see the forecasted high and low for the day every time I look at 2day (which is often). Those numbers don't change all day. I'd gladly give up either the forecast or hi/lo temp on the main 2day screen for more real-time weather data. But that's just my opinion.

--Mike
    Agreed. Good idea Mike. I'd be happy to pay for that kind of info-value. I live in New England and the weather is about as fickle as John Kerry's political stances so seeing dynamic updating through the day would be very valuable. Is it technically possible? Frequency of refresh or conflict with receiving calls/emails?
    Israel is only six hours ahead of us right now. They changed their clocks a couple of days ago. It will be seven again when we go bsck to standard time in a few weeks.
    Bruce in Belle Harbor
    Wow... 4cast sure rocks! Another instant-hit by Shimon... I now feel a whole new DINASTY of ShSh apps coming to take over our Treos... L8er? Hi5? 1der? K9? 3som? ...who knows what will come next!

Actually, after this thread's overwhelming reaction, Shimon will probably think it twice before releasing a new application...
    Didn't look through all of the replies about it so this might have already been mentioned, but how about a menu+0 key in order to pop up the 5 day forecast.

i did notice mention of needing the current temp on the 2day screen and i agree with this.
    4cast is cool. 5way nav in 4cast would be cooler yet. Current temp would be nice too. $5 how can one go wrong?
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    4cast is cool. 5way nav in 4cast would be cooler yet. Current temp would be nice too. $5 how can one go wrong?
    5way where ?
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
    Hi Shimon,

Curious when we can beta test the next revision of 4Cast/2Dat integration ?

Again, Thanks for such great tools.
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE
    5way where ?
    In 4cast, the 5way would be nice to be able to move from the more button to say the F/C boxes and to the city box.

I just figured out the center button seems to activate 'more'. Thats enough I guess.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson