Page 15 of 170 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819202565115 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    He does have a tip jar per se, just buy another copy of something. I have bought several extra copies of treoshortcuts (an addition to the ones that I pleged) to "Say Thanks" to Shimon.

however, a seprerate area for a pay-pal (or what ever that thing is he uses) that you can enter ANY AMOUNT of money for a tip would be easier and also let him know it's a tip (contribution) and a way to say thanks for the hard work. Just buying another copy of something, he may not know that it was an extra copy and he would never get the "kudos".

I third the vote for "Shimon's Tip Jar", I can even see the little jar ICON with the money in it already...LOL

http://web.coforce.com/local/moneyjar.jpg

However, I think he may like the "Buy Shimon a Treo600 fund" better.
    Oly issue with that is, too many types and then the Ace may hit soon too
    Thanks !

One problem - I can not work with PayPal, since they will not send my money here into Israel...

I appreciate the offer, though...

(The Treo 600 fund sound interesting, too)
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE
    Hi,

Just posted a new version - 1.31 (020) - at www.shsh.com/products

- Fixed the "record not on day" bug (and deleting appointments bug).
    - Fixed "launch at power" feature.

- NEW: Can add a first line to display mem & card, owner name,
    or time to next appointment.
    - NEW: Handle "private" records.
    - NEW: Press MENU twice to get a launcher sub-menu .
    - NEW: Datebook5 icons.

- To do: Enable/Disable display.
    - To do: Hide/Show undated items.
    - To do: Sorting.
    - To do: Show/Hide categories in list.
    - To do: Show all categories or filter by categories.

- Calendar: Enable/Disable display.
    - Calendar: Set default meeting duration.

- Launcher: if app has no icon resource - display default.
    - View: re-enabled "Body" & "Notes" buttons.
    - Look ahead: show weekdays, too.

nice work!!! question: on the new first line, once you open it to the "status" window that shows the owner, memory, battery and card info, is there anyway to allow 5-way to navigate to the 'close' button?
    Hi,

Just posted a new version - 1.31 (020) - at www.shsh.com/products

- Fixed the "record not on day" bug (and deleting appointments bug).
    - Fixed "launch at power" feature.

- NEW: Can add a first line to display mem & card, owner name,
    or time to next appointment.
    - NEW: Handle "private" records.
    - NEW: Press MENU twice to get a launcher sub-menu .
    - NEW: Datebook5 icons.

- To do: Enable/Disable display.
    - To do: Hide/Show undated items.
    - To do: Sorting.
    - To do: Show/Hide categories in list.
    - To do: Show all categories or filter by categories.

- Calendar: Enable/Disable display.
    - Calendar: Set default meeting duration.

- Launcher: if app has no icon resource - display default.
    - View: re-enabled "Body" & "Notes" buttons.
    - Look ahead: show weekdays, too.

i like the launcher sub-menu. nice concept.
    shimon, thank you so much for sticking with this issue. I know that not alot of people had a problem, but you still stayed with it for the minority.
    I'm all for the shimon treo 6xx fund!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dpwaters
    nice work!!! question: on the new first line, once you open it to the "status" window that shows the owner, memory, battery and card info, is there anyway to allow 5-way to navigate to the 'close' button?
    Hi,

You mean the screen with only the "Close" button ?
    No need to nav. - just press OK (middle button).
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Quote Originally Posted by ido
    shimon, thank you so much for sticking with this issue. I know that not alot of people had a problem, but you still stayed with it for the minority.
    I'm all for the shimon treo 6xx fund!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thank YOU for helping out with it.

It's just my developer's ego - but I dont like having a bug in my applications...
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Excellent Shimon. Two things:
    1. I couldn't download the .zip file from your site directly to my Treo 600 in Blazer. Anyone else having that problem?

2. Is there some way you can set up the option so that I can see the battery percentage instead of a tiny battery picture without having to turn off keyguard and hit just on that tiny battery to get the info. I'd like to be able to just press the datebook or power button and see it without having to actually turn off the keyguard and all.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by treo600guy
    Excellent Shimon. Two things:
    1. I couldn't download the .zip file from your site directly to my Treo 600 in Blazer. Anyone else having that problem?

2. Is there some way you can set up the option so that I can see the battery percentage instead of a tiny battery picture without having to turn off keyguard and hit just on that tiny battery to get the info. I'd like to be able to just press the datebook or power button and see it without having to actually turn off the keyguard and all.

Thanks!
    Hi,

When I add the "ClockPop" feature (a popup screen displayed when pressing & HOLDING the button) it will display the percentage.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Hi,

You mean the screen with only the "Close" button ?
    No need to nav. - just press OK (middle button).
    you're right. cool!
    Shimon,

Great job with the ToDo Sort by Descripton. Now my ToDo's come up in the order I want to handle them by embedding a Franklin Planner type of Prioritization scheme in the description. I have been trying to get Iambic to do this for Agendus for about three years. You it took less than ten days.

Now can I ask for another option or two:

> In the ToDo List I would like to be able to pick what I show. I really do not need to see the word "Due" or the actual priority number. It would be nice to have the little check box to show it as complete visible instead of having to go into the item and check complete.

> When scrolling in a view do not scroll past the calendar items for today. i.e. lock the calendar at the top for today and scroll only through todays other items.

I will buy this app once you release it to production. Any idea when that will happen?
    Shimon,

One other suggestion:

> When I move to tomorrow it still shows me the ToDo items that are due today. I only want to preview what I have to do tomorrow - regardless of what is due today. When I go out two days I have way too much stuff showing. When you go to a day in the future can you have it show only what is due that day - and what is overdue (due before the current day).
    To back up what I have said all along ...

I am now a registered user. I have liked the progress of what I have seen so far in the development of the product. I like even more that the developer is using this forum in some respect to help "tune" the program more to how the end-users would expect the program to function.

In continuing our discussion Shimon, I see how you can sort of use the lookup tool to add the contact information to an appointment and this does (sort of) work. However ... it just doesn't feel or place right. I think it would be better if you had like a "contact" field that you could then do the lookup for ... and that would be separate from the subject area.

As an example ... when creating an appointment, the database fields would be:
    - Time
    - Date
    - Contact (if any): perhaps give the ability to use their phone number and or email and or, once the contact is linked to the appointment, then you can tap on their name and it brings up their contact information which then gives the user the ability to pick how best to contact them.
    - Subject

This same sort of structure could be used in a To-Do list. Either way .. I think this plays into the concept of the program.

Make sense?
    Thanks for the update! I just registered.

-Taylor
    Now ... I was just looking somewhere else, and I have seen a program called Agendus. I also did a little more research and saw that your TakePhone program is compatabile with this ...

First Question, is this compatabile with 2day?
    Second Thought: In looking at my previous post/suggestion, does it make sense to have this ability to link contacts to appointment and todo list built directly into the 2day program as compared to having another program handle this function?
    Ok, love the new version. Is there a way to take off the +1 +2 in front of the days? I'd just like to see the day.

Thanks again!
    hey shimon, great product, i'm *this* close to registering it, just need a couple of kinks worked out.

i have tried using 160x160 and 320x320 res backgrounds but they never take up the entire space on the 2day homepage. they only take up the top left corner of the screen. do i need to edit them somehow or should they be even bigger than 320x320?

how do i set 2day up so that it shows me the today screen everytime i press the datebook button once, but then when i press it again and again, it cycles through the builtin datebook application?

ill let you know if i can think of anything else, keep up the awesome job!!
    You mean you set an alarm as default in 2day ?!?
    (Sorry to be such a nag, but this is strange)
    You pressed the button "Set as default" in 2day when you have an alarm set ON ?
    Shimon,

Maybe I'm confused about what the default setting is supposed to do. It's my interpretation that the default setting implies that when any meeting is created, an alarm is automatically set for the default time. As it stands now, the actual time of the alarm is set once I choose the alarm check box, but the checkbox itself is not set. I place a reminder alarm on most of the meetings I create. Having this be the default would be very helpful.

Thanks,
    Martin
    Quote Originally Posted by spacehog
    hey shimon, great product, i'm *this* close to registering it, just need a couple of kinks worked out.

i have tried using 160x160 and 320x320 res backgrounds but they never take up the entire space on the 2day homepage. they only take up the top left corner of the screen. do i need to edit them somehow or should they be even bigger than 320x320?
    I think they are supposed to be 160x120, so give that a try. (They are not square.)

--Mike
    Thanks !

One problem - I can not work with PayPal, since they will not send my money here into Israel...

I appreciate the offer, though...

(The Treo 600 fund sound interesting, too)
    The new version is great! Thanks. I see 2 very small quirks, I'll send you an email later.

Can you make an Esellerate "tip jar" or "Shimon's coffee fund", or "contributions" link on your site then?
    So people that want to give you a tip, can.

Oh yea, I see you do plan to make a POP UP SCREEN for 2DAY.
    THANKS!!! I can't wait...
    Shimon,

This app is great, and I am sending the $$ today, but there is one thing I would *really* like to see changed. The *totally cool* new "top line" with the countdown to my next meeting scrolls off the screen as my day of meetings progresses. It is a the top of the day rather than at the top of the screen.

The new button menu button behavior to get to the launcher buttons is also excellent!

Great job!
    --Mike