Page 106 of 170 FirstFirst ... 65696101102103104105106107108109110111116156 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,120 of 3383
  1. #2101  
    Well then I guess my question would be why is the icon there in the first place? The default for the datebook is to show the location in parenthesis. So it seems redundant to show the text for the location and the icon showing that it is a location.

    I see it as different from the note icon in that the text of the note is not redily available.

    I'd prefer to not have the location (at least not the icon), as the location isn't essential to what I see 2Day being, as a quick view of the agenda. The location can be determined if need be by choosing to dig deeper into the meeting.

    Any way to at least make the icon, if not the entire location field, optional/selectable?

    Thanks.
  2. #2102  
    Quote Originally Posted by PabloTX
    Well then I guess my question would be why is the icon there in the first place? The default for the datebook is to show the location in parenthesis. So it seems redundant to show the text for the location and the icon showing that it is a location.

    I see it as different from the note icon in that the text of the note is not redily available.

    I'd prefer to not have the location (at least not the icon), as the location isn't essential to what I see 2Day being, as a quick view of the agenda. The location can be determined if need be by choosing to dig deeper into the meeting.

    Any way to at least make the icon, if not the entire location field, optional/selectable?

    Thanks.
    Hi,

    I see your point.

    The icon is there since if the meeting desciption is too long, I dont display the location info (text).

    I might add an option not to show the text at all (only the icon).

    Thanks.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  3. #2103  
    Thanks Shimon. If possible, could you also add the option to show neither? Or to show the text, but not the icon (most of my appointment descriptions are short). I do like the "..." way you handle long names as is...and for me, that would be sufficient to show that there is more information....either text for event or location should the name be too long.

    Thanks again.
  4. #2104  
    Quote Originally Posted by PabloTX
    Thanks Shimon. If possible, could you also add the option to show neither? Or to show the text, but not the icon (most of my appointment descriptions are short). I do like the "..." way you handle long names as is...and for me, that would be sufficient to show that there is more information....either text for event or location should the name be too long.

    Thanks again.
    But then if the text is short - users will not know there is a location info.
    The way I see it - if a user selects not to show the location text - it is treated like the Notes field - show an icon if it's there.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  5. #2105  
    True, but for me, I just really care what the event is, not where it is. I'd prefer to just see the actual event and dig deeper if I chose by tapping the event. Kind of like an outline.

    I guess I could move the location from the location field into the notes, and that would hide the location icon, but then I'd have a notes icon.

    No real big issue, but in an ideal world, I'd like to have the option of hiding those icons...just getting a little busy for me. But it certainly doesn't take away from the usability.

    Thanks.
  6. #2106  
    Quote Originally Posted by PabloTX
    True, but for me, I just really care what the event is, not where it is. I'd prefer to just see the actual event and dig deeper if I chose by tapping the event. Kind of like an outline.

    I guess I could move the location from the location field into the notes, and that would hide the location icon, but then I'd have a notes icon.

    No real big issue, but in an ideal world, I'd like to have the option of hiding those icons...just getting a little busy for me. But it certainly doesn't take away from the usability.

    Thanks.
    I am trying to avoid too many preferences...
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  7. #2107  
    Don't know what I am doing wrong - but for a long time I had 2day set to show today,week and than 6 Datebk6 screens and go back to 2day. Since two weeks I only get on today screen from datebk6 wen pressing the datebook button, after I saw 2day -today and week, and than 2day comes back. I can change that behaviour by setting preferences to 06 instead of 6, but these settings don't hold after a soft reset

    Ruben
  8. #2108  
    anyone ??

    Ruben
  9. #2109  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruben
    Don't know what I am doing wrong - but for a long time I had 2day set to show today,week and than 6 Datebk6 screens and go back to 2day. Since two weeks I only get on today screen from datebk6 wen pressing the datebook button, after I saw 2day -today and week, and than 2day comes back. I can change that behaviour by setting preferences to 06 instead of 6, but these settings don't hold after a soft reset

    Ruben
    What have you changed then ?
    Is it a new DateBk6 version ?
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  10. #2110  
    preview c - only thing I changed

    Ruben
  11. #2111  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruben
    preview c - only thing I changed

    Ruben
    Hi,

    Can you validate the preference regarding the calendar button within DateBk6 is set to go through those 6 views ?

    Thanks
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  12. dwman's Avatar
    Posts
    896 Posts
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    #2112  
    Shimon,

    Don't know if you've seen other reports of this, but whenever I try to tap "Lookup" for a call/meeting, etc, it automatically soft resets.

    Any ideas?
  13. #2113  
    dwman,

    I haven't had this problem. In the Preferences -> Helpers, what do you have defined for Lookup? Mine is set to "Contacts".
  14. #2114  
    Quote Originally Posted by dwman
    Shimon,

    Don't know if you've seen other reports of this, but whenever I try to tap "Lookup" for a call/meeting, etc, it automatically soft resets.

    Any ideas?
    Try using dbScan to remove deleted records from the PIM databases.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  15. dwman's Avatar
    Posts
    896 Posts
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    #2115  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    dwman,

    I haven't had this problem. In the Preferences -> Helpers, what do you have defined for Lookup? Mine is set to "Contacts".
    hoovs,

    Thanks. That did the trick. I had TakePhone defined for Lookup.

    Shimon, isn't TP designed to be used for looking up contacts as well within 2day?
  16. #2116  
    Quote Originally Posted by dwman
    hoovs,

    Thanks. That did the trick. I had TakePhone defined for Lookup.

    Shimon, isn't TP designed to be used for looking up contacts as well within 2day?
    Hi,

    Sorry - not yet.
    Implementing the "lookup" feature requires quite some work - adopting the GUI to allow the app to work in a "limited" mode (for example - when doing a lookup, I cant allow users to call what they found, SMS it, edit it, ...)
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  17. dwman's Avatar
    Posts
    896 Posts
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    #2117  
    Good to know. Thanks for clearing that up.
  18. #2118  
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE
    Hi,

    Can you validate the preference regarding the calendar button within DateBk6 is set to go through those 6 views ?

    Thanks
    yes it is

    Ruben
  19. #2119  
    I'm using version 1.41 build 224 and I notice now when I choose the missed calls icon it gives me a screen where I have to choose to go to the missed calls log or turn it off or cancel. Is there a way to just go straight from the icon to the missed calls log like it used to do? This extra screen (and the beep) is annoying. Thanks!
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
  20. #2120  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTreoGuy
    I'm using version 1.41 build 224 and I notice now when I choose the missed calls icon it gives me a screen where I have to choose to go to the missed calls log or turn it off or cancel. Is there a way to just go straight from the icon to the missed calls log like it used to do? This extra screen (and the beep) is annoying. Thanks!
    Guess he can't please Everyone!

Posting Permissions