Page 102 of 170 FirstFirst ... 25292979899100101102103104105106107112152 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 3383
    I'm confused by the new Birthday feature.

Where does 2day get the information about birthdays? From Contacts (that has a birthday field)? Will I have to create a calendar entry (in Datebk5) for Birthdays?

How many days before the birthday should I expect any display to show up in the 2day screen?

Some screenshots (and a manual or even a readme file !!!! Hint Hint) will be useful for dumbos like me.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    it does get them from contacts - you determine in the contacts - see palmdesktop - on how many days in advance you will get a reminder. in 2day it shows up according to your settings of todos and appointments - f.e. in my case one day before the actual event.

Ruben
    Hi Shimon: Any thoughts on when we will be able to set the alarms for TODOs via 2day - like we can do for meetings?
    anyway to shade days (i.e. weekend, like in datebk5)

the 5way doesnt seem to work in the birthday details dialog left goes back to 2day right goes to the contact up or down highlights the number but i cant get to the button options.

it would be nice if this sms feature could work with my birthdays set in datebk5 (i created a cat. called birthdays), this isnt possible is it?
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Hi,

Summary of responses:

Birthdays are taken from the contacts database.
    They appear in 2day with the same logic as meetings (like "untimed events").

There is an issue with this latest build - forgot to save the "sum" preference...
    Will fix asap.

The 5way is not needed - as you said - left is back, right is "goto", center is call. added - 's' is SMS.

shade days where ?

And - regarding SMS - you can start an SMS from a meeting - navigate to the number, then press SPACE.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    One feature I would really appreciate having is a line in your display of free memory and battery (when you press the center button of D-pad) for the state of free RAM. What you display now is the free flash or storage memory. What concerns me more with the 650 is the state of the NVFS Cache and Dynamic Heap in RAM. I use an app called Memory Info now to monitor that so that I can do a soft reset when the cache gets below 2MB. That way I don't get a soft reset in the middle of an important call. My 650 is very stable now but I do have to watch out for this one thing and seeing in while in 2day would help a lot.

Thanks for considering this,

Frank
    Quote Originally Posted by fmcgirt
    One feature I would really appreciate having is a line in your display of free memory and battery (when you press the center button of D-pad) for the state of free RAM. What you display now is the free flash or storage memory. What concerns me more with the 650 is the state of the NVFS Cache and Dynamic Heap in RAM. I use an app called Memory Info now to monitor that so that I can do a soft reset when the cache gets below 2MB. That way I don't get a soft reset in the middle of an important call. My 650 is very stable now but I do have to watch out for this one thing and seeing in while in 2day would help a lot.

Thanks for considering this,

Frank
    Good idea. I second this suggestion. We would like the info displayed by MemoryInfo when tapping/clicking on something in 2day.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Just a thought. You can set up Memory Info in the launcher bar at the bottom of 2day.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    Just a thought. You can set up Memory Info in the launcher bar at the bottom of 2day.
    As an option, OK, but I don't use the launcher bar now because I don't want to take up the space on the 2day screen - I would much prefer it be included on the present screen activated by a single press of the center button.

And a second reason for not using the launcher bar - I tend to not use the stylus unless absolutely forced. Activating the launcher by a second press of the menu button is very nice.

Frank
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    I'd rather delete MemoryInfo from the Treo if 2day will provide me with the same information.

It's no biggie to run memoryinfo manually. But since 2day is already providing us with lots of system info, why not some more memory details?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    I'd rather delete MemoryInfo from the Treo if 2day will provide me with the same information.

It's no biggie to run memoryinfo manually. But since 2day is already providing us with lots of system info, why not some more memory details?
    Agreed!!!

Frank
    Found a bug/glitch

Menu - Menu - shows the launcher. Scroll to the 5th item in Launcher, which is Display Prefs. Select it.

The Preferences screen appears. Tap OK (I wish this had 5-way cursor support .. but that's a separate issue). The Preferences screen dissappears but leaves a white half-completed ugly :-) menu screen.

If I get to Preferences screen by doing Menu - P and then close that preferences screen, then this half-rendered Menu screen is not there.

The errant screen is there depending on whether I get to Preferences screen by Menu-P or Menu-Menu-5
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM

True. I just thought it might help out in a pinch.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Found a bug/glitch

Menu - Menu - shows the launcher. Scroll to the 5th item in Launcher, which is Display Prefs. Select it.

The Preferences screen appears. Tap OK (I wish this had 5-way cursor support .. but that's a separate issue). The Preferences screen dissappears but leaves a white half-completed ugly :-) menu screen.

If I get to Preferences screen by doing Menu - P and then close that preferences screen, then this half-rendered Menu screen is not there.

The errant screen is there depending on whether I get to Preferences screen by Menu-P or Menu-Menu-5
    I tried this as you described and everything works normally for me. Maybe try a reinstall.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwman
    I tried this as you described and everything works normally for me. Maybe try a reinstall.
    Yeah, I tried it too. Both with menu>menu>5 and menu>p and I don't have any problems.
    It's worse than just a display problem. Here are the details:

Uninstalled 2day. Re-installed 2day ver 1.41 (212). I had to re-register and everything. So, I assume the uninstall was complete and proper.

I have the Launcher set to launch Phone-Datebk5-XpressMail-Versamail-Display_Prefs

I can get into Preferences in 2 ways. Menu-P works as intended. No problems.

However, if I use Menu-Menu-5 then

1. When I close the Preferences screen (by tapping OK) I get the screen shown attached.

2. any changes made in prefs (like say switching from regular to Hi-Res fonts) does not reflect when I tap out of the white area. It does show if I quit 2day and re-enter 2day.

So, the changes made in Preferences screens, when Prefernces is accessed through the launcher using Menu-Menu-5 is made, but not displayed until 2day is re-started. And I get the screen attached.

The Preferences screen behaves this way only when Menu-Menu- is used. All other ways like
    Menu-P
    Tapping on Prefs in the launcher bar at the bottom of the screen
    works correctly.

All this is totally repeatable on my Treo650.

Shimon, is there anything else I need to do to provide information?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by aprasad; 01/25/2006 at 06:31 PM. Reason: spelling
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE
    Hi,

Summary of responses:

Birthdays are taken from the contacts database.
    They appear in 2day with the same logic as meetings (like "untimed events").

There is an issue with this latest build - forgot to save the "sum" preference...
    Will fix asap.

The 5way is not needed - as you said - left is back, right is "goto", center is call. added - 's' is SMS.

shade days where ?

And - regarding SMS - you can start an SMS from a meeting - navigate to the number, then press SPACE.
    The weekend in week view (i.e. like datebk5)
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Great software programs. With 2day, Are we able to receive able to receive Alarm Notifications of: voice mail and text messages?

I have this set in Butler Program but doesn not seem to work with Treo 650.

Thank you,
    Jeff
    When you say "alarm notification" do you mean icons at the top of the screen? If so, yes, depending on your service. If you get v-mail notification without 2day then you should be able to see it in 2day. If you get v-mail notification via SMS and that's all then probably not. That's my experience anyway.
    I get the same screen.
    digitalfx
    Former Treo 650 user
    now happy HTC TyTn owner