1.    #1  
    Is there a charge for call forwarding? I saw that once I activated it it made a network change. IS this a phone feature or network?
    Sprint charges for forwarding. What network are you using?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by lb505
    Sprint charges for forwarding. What network are you using?
    Sprint.
    So, if I use the feature on the phone under phone preferences, I am indeed getting charged extra?
    Sprint charges $.10 per minute for the duration of the forwarded call. This includes calls that are unanswered.
    I don't believe that's necessarily true. Sprint has never charged me for call forwarding when I send my calls to a busy invalid number. I do this when I don't want to be bothered with incoming phone calls nor bother to hassle with new voicemail messages

I also send calls to a number that is temp out of order (so that I can fake like my phone is off and get exxtra funds from my girlfriend) pretty slick right?
    "I have to return some videotapes."
    But I guess that the call would actually have To be routed to an actlve number. that's probably why I've never gotten charged.
    "I have to return some videotapes."
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoDaddeo6
    I also send calls to a number that is temp out of order (so that I can fake like my phone is off and get exxtra funds from my girlfriend) pretty slick right?
    Too funny! I never thought of the sympathy angle...... Every time I used call forwarding, I have been charged for minutes used while the originating caller was waiting for the call to be answered. For example: I forwarded my PCS phone to my phone at my lake house (where I do not have voice mail nor answering machine) and my ***** brother would let the call ring 30-40 times before hanging up. I had $.30 calls for each time he called.
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    ATTWS charges $0.20/minute, but they don't count against your minutes. Its a huge ripoff in my opinion. Its just another way for them to make money. I could have sworn it was free back when I was first with ATTWS 2 years ago.

Joe
    Yea sprint had it ncluded with their prehistoric plans as well. I don't know when they stopped. that's when cell phone companies gave u things like that for free but didn't give you much minutes to use as the drawback.
    Last edited by TreoDaddeo6; 07/13/2004 at 06:51 PM.
    T-Mobile just includes forwarded minutes as regular minutes. The call forwarding charges is the biggest reason I have not considered switching to Sprint.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    I had to call Sprint to find out what $6.40 of "Other Charges" were on my bill. Yeap, it was call forwarding. Ouch....
    Quote Originally Posted by quake97
    ATTWS charges $0.20/minute, but they don't count against your minutes. Its a huge ripoff in my opinion. Its just another way for them to make money. I could have sworn it was free back when I was first with ATTWS 2 years ago.

Joe
    actually, this isn't true.. i just started using callfilter and wanted to be sure i wouldn't be charged like this for forwarded calls.. i have a local gsm package.. sunday afternoon i was assured (3 times, 1 by a supervisor) that i would not be incrementally charged for forwarded calls. they would, however, count against my included minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    T-Mobile just includes forwarded minutes as regular minutes. The call forwarding charges is the biggest reason I have not considered switching to Sprint.
    T-Mo charges regular minutes for unconditional forwarding (forward all calls) but if you use the conditional forwarding, T-Mo uses what you have in forwarding minutes which separate from your regular minutes.

By doing, this I can choose to ignore a call and autoforwards the call to a number I had set before. End result not additional charges nor do I lose any regular air time.
    I had a phone with a local Cingular plan and was charged $.08 per call if forwarded to a local number, nothing if forwarded to an 800#, and $.24/min if forwarded to a long distance number. Then I switched to their Cingular Nation plan and was never charged for call forwards under that plan. I used the conditional call forwarding feature (*68) instead of voice mail. It was much better No airtime was ever charged for forwards, either. Very useful, considering I had my cell forwarded to an answering service that took my messages for me and texted them to me.

I spoke with a manager at SprintPCS once and they said their system was built from the ground up to charge $.10 per minute for call forwards, even to local and 800#'s. No deduction of airtime, though.