1.    #1  
    Arrow Launcher-
    Option to disable keyguard when you launch arrowlauncher

Option not to re-launch AL from launcher.
    - this stops the AL launch key from working until you have changed application after leaving AL. This means if you use the home key to launch, you can press again to go to your launcher, then use home to switch categories - a few people have asked for something like this!

Phone Technician
    LED now plays nicely with butler LED setting
    Conflicts with base ringer vibrate and tones should be fixed
    Other minor fixes

Butler
    New API added that allows the integration above
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    CV,

I installed the demo of Technician on Friday. Almost immediately it started bugging me to register, which I have no problem with....after I have thoroughly tested it. The problem is, as of today, it is reminding me every few minutes! It has even interrupted me on the phone, in the middle of a call, with it's message to register. The final straw for me was a few minutes ago I was trying to dial a number and my phone suddenly froze. After 15 seconds the screen popped up another reminder. That's too much. IMHO, it would be nice if the software let you test it unrestricted and un-harrassed for an adequate amount of time before pestering for money. I have just unistalled the app because of this annoyance. Too bad, caused it seemed like it might be a good app.

Just my 2 cents,
    -Joe
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    CV,

I installed the demo of Technician on Friday. Almost immediately it started bugging me to register, which I have no problem with....after I have thoroughly tested it. The problem is, as of today, it is reminding me every few minutes! [snip] Too bad, caused it seemed like it might be a good app.

Just my 2 cents,
    -Joe
    Thanks for the feedback - Sounds like the technician has been behaving very badly - it certainly shouldn't ask for registration during a call!

I'm working on a new version now (have finally figured out how to turn screen off during a call) and will re-check the nagging code.

I try to make it annoying - but not so annoying you can't use it. I also leave the nag 'level' constant over time so you can carry on evaluating indefinitely.

Anyway - please give the next version a try,

Rob
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by confusedvorlon
    Thanks for the feedback - Sounds like the technician has been behaving very badly - it certainly shouldn't ask for registration during a call!

I'm working on a new version now (have finally figured out how to turn screen off during a call) and will re-check the nagging code.

I try to make it annoying - but not so annoying you can't use it. I also leave the nag 'level' constant over time so you can carry on evaluating indefinitely.

Anyway - please give the next version a try,

Rob
    Rob,

I agree entirely with your concept of nagware, and honestly think it is a whole lot nicer than the approach of some other developers. I still think, however, that it would be much nicer if the nags didn't kick in until a trial "grace" period has passed. This would allow a new user to test the app in it's "natural" state before purchasing. Just my opinion.

That said, I love your software and truly appreciate your responsiveness. I'll keep trying it.

Thanks,
    Joe
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein