1.    #1  
    Ok forgive the newbie... I have searched and i have read... now I will just ask the opinion of those who have been here before.

what is the BEST solution for using my Mac 10.3.3 and my Treo 600 to keep up with my calendar, contacts and EMAIL??

Please offer up your opinions on things that you personally use successfully and, at least somewhat, seamlessly

Thanks in advance for saving me some pain and misery.
    Buy the student version of the new MS Office (~$150US) - you get Entourage new version with conduits - it's excellent.
    or for FREE! iCal, AddressBook and iSync. As for Email get a IMAP Email address like .mac, use the Mail app on your Mac and get Snappermail for your Treo. If have an IMAP account there's no real need to HotSync Email.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    Yep, use the stuff built-in to the OS, it really works well.

Thanks,
    Peter
    Oh, you will need the palmOne Palm Desktop software to get it to sync - if nothing happens when you push the sync button, it's because you installed the non-Treo-600-specific version of the Palm Desktop software. Be sure to grab the right version!

Then, go to Apple and grab the Palm conduit for iSync, and then you can sync with iCal, Address Book, etc.!

Thanks,
    Peter
    I was recently able to move from the Palm software to the iCal and address book software that came with my new Mac. Everything is working GREAT now and I absolutely love iCal. Can even sync just the calendars I want to the Treo, keeping irrelevant data off my Treo.

Hope this helps!!
    I agree that all the built-in stuff works great. I use iCal and the address book on my PB and the mail prog on the Treo.
    Last edited by ivyrose; 07/13/2004 at 05:49 PM.
    Truth is good, knowledge is power and it's the second mouse who gets the cheese
    I love my pb...but I'm sorry, I don't like the way Apple breaks up their apps into seperate groups. It just makes sense to intergrate all the apps (to do, email, address) in the same program. (Sound familiar, Treo?) That's why I use Entourage. Everything in one program
    Quote Originally Posted by citi
    I love my pb...but I'm sorry, I don't like the way Apple breaks up their apps into seperate groups. It just makes sense to intergrate all the apps (to do, email, address) in the same program. (Sound familiar, Treo?) That's why I use Entourage. Everything in one program
    I agree ... somewhat. I use to be a big Entourage user, and while I do like the idea of all in one, I really like the OS X apps better. I have a .mac account and use iSync. I publish and sync different calenders as well sync a iMac and PowerBook with the same data. Most built in apps and third party apps pull info from the AddressBook and iCal. But Entourage is powerful.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    hands down, price aside, Good is GREAT

www.good.com
    Well, SnapperMail, Date Book 5, and for a calculator, Bob's Calculator. Ben
  12.    #12  
    So the perfect sync solution should at a minimum sync:
    - Addresses
    - Contacts
    - To Dos
    - AND Memos

If I understand the included MAC Applications correctly, there is no ability to manage memo's. Please correct me if I'm wrong. But if I'm right, does anyone have a good workaround (other than storing all your memos in To Dos)?

Thanks!
    go.digital
    I use iSync for Contacts, Cal and To Do's, and the Palm Memo conduit for Memo's.

*note New Fourm for Mac Users
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    </body>