Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    People keep posting the software version of their Verizon Treo...but they neglect to post the firmware verision. I am interested if Verizon Treos are shipping with the ability to do Voice recording etc....OR if they are launching the product with the old firmware..I am suspecting this is the case since the software version seems old.
    treo mike - I thought it was the software version 1.20 firmware upgrade that gave people the ability to do voice recording.

I synced all my sprint stuff over to my verizon phone and voice recording did not work.
    Actually it's been posted as software 1.03 for Verizon. This doesn't mean it's the same as the 1.03 for Sprint. It's likely about the same as the current Sprint 1.2 software. It makes no sense that they wouldn't use the newest code base. But you are right, it would help if people would post the firmware version number also.

Quote Originally Posted by treo-mike
    People keep posting the software version of their Verizon Treo...but they neglect to post the firmware verision. I am interested if Verizon Treos are shipping with the ability to do Voice recording etc....OR if they are launching the product with the old firmware..I am suspecting this is the case since the software version seems old.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin922
    I just got off the phone with Silva, very nice indeed.. I asked her about the 610 availability -- she said they are being told THE END OF THIS MONTH .. I made sure to confirm with her what she just said.. I was like, wait - the 600 is being released now, middle of july, and you're telling me the 610 will be available the end of THIS month..

her response "that is what they are telling us"

Anyone else hear this!??

God i'm excited if that is true.. she had no pricing for the 610
    My guess is Silva is getting the 600 San Camera confused with the 610, which
    is due at the end of the month.

--John
    Quote Originally Posted by bhodgins
    treo mike - I thought it was the software version 1.20 firmware upgrade that gave people the ability to do voice recording.

I synced all my sprint stuff over to my verizon phone and voice recording did not work.
    Actual i noticed the verizon one comes with built in Voice recording. if you create a new MMS msg it gives you the option to attach a voice note.
    See above post.
    Correction ... it does support voice recording ... I was doing it wrong.

How would I pull up the hardware firmware information?
    Well after receiving a blackberry the first time, I just received my Treo from Verizon this morning. I am so excited. I am not a buisness cust. I just was able to order from my local buisness rep. Just wanted to let you guys know. This thing seems heavier and much nicer than my hacked sprint version. If anyone is not having luck getting a Treo that doess not have a buisness acct, if you are from the NORTH CAROLINA and SOUTH CAROLINA area, just emai me at boxters2@triad.rr.com and I will gladly put you in touch with the buisness rep I always use. FYI
    Quote Originally Posted by bhodgins
    Correction ... it does support voice recording ... I was doing it wrong.

How would I pull up the hardware firmware information?
    From Phone press menu then right to optionsthen down to phone info

Gives you phone number
    username
    esn
    software treo600-1.03-VZW
    Hardware C
    HS SN
    PRL Rev
    PRI checksum

curtarmy
    Right ... and that is kind of what I wrote earlier ... the user seemed to be looking for something else besides the treo600-1.03-VZW description.
    To put it more simply...in the phone info option....does it list firmware: 3.05 ???? OR does it say something like 2.12 ??
    To put it more simply...in the phone info option....does it list firmware: 3.05 ???? OR does it say something like 2.12 ??
    Treo-Mike, I think you're missing the answer. Firmware revisions 3.05 and 2.12 are for GSM Treos. The latest firmware for CDMA Treos is 1.20-SPR for Sprint and for Verizon it is 1.03-VZW. You get the same information from the phone|info option as from the ##786 screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgoflyers81
    I find it interesting PalmOne went with the silver case instead of the cobalt one they used for Sprint. However it still has the bulge on the earpiece the Sprint version has, not flat like GSM. And Orange's version is GSM but cobalt. Now there are four physically different Treos.
    Maybe I missed this at some point, but when did the word treo on the phone above the D-Pad switch from "treo" to "Treo"? Was this when the phones started shipping with the Palmone branding as opposed to Handspring?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Maybe I missed this at some point, but when did the word treo on the phone above the D-Pad switch from "treo" to "Treo"? Was this when the phones started shipping with the Palmone branding as opposed to Handspring?
    Yes it was. I believe it matches the tungsten font.
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartphone Fan
    Now there are two different CDMA Treo 600s. Are these locked to the carrier? Can a Sprint T600 be used on Verizon and can the Verizon version work on Sprint? Can either of these T600s be used on regional CDMA carriers like Alltel or CellularSouth?

Thanks
    Yeah, does anyone have any other info on this subject. I've got a Sprint Treo 600 right now and I love the phone. Unfortunately, the service leaves much to be desired at my apartment. I'd like to switch to Verizon, but would I have to buy a new phone too?
    Theoretically, you could simply flash your Sprint Treo to the Verizon 1.03 firmware, once it is either posted by P1 or someone is kind enough to extract it from their VZW Treo.

We will find out if it works (or how to make it work) once one of the above occurs.
    speed from text.dslreports/mspeed using 1xRT verizon treo 600

56kbs
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234