Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 80
  1. #21  
    Now there are two different CDMA Treo 600s. Are these locked to the carrier? Can a Sprint T600 be used on Verizon and can the Verizon version work on Sprint? Can either of these T600s be used on regional CDMA carriers like Alltel or CellularSouth?

    Thanks
  2. #22  
    Yes, it appears that "premier" partners (ones willing to actually sell and promote the product) Sprint and Orange got Cobalt. Everyone else got silver. Makes sense I get. I wonder if this will be different with the Treo Ace. The leaked Sprint slides show silver so maybe premier partners get silver with the Ace, and everyone else will get a darker color?

    Quote Originally Posted by letsgoflyers81
    I find it interesting PalmOne went with the silver case instead of the cobalt one they used for Sprint. However it still has the bulge on the earpiece the Sprint version has, not flat like GSM. And Orange's version is GSM but cobalt. Now there are four physically different Treos.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    Yes, it appears that "premier" partners (ones willing to actually sell and promote the product) Sprint and Orange got Cobalt. Everyone else got silver. Makes sense I get. I wonder if this will be different with the Treo Ace. The leaked Sprint slides show silver so maybe premier partners get silver with the Ace, and everyone else will get a darker color?

    if you were verizon, wouldn't you want to make your version a little diff from yout cdma competitor?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  4. #24  
    I ordered mine on Monday morning and was told that I should recieved it by Wednesday.

    More info to come.....

    WF
  5. #25  
    This is true, but I was pointing out it follows a similar pattern with the GSM providers so maybe there is a reason for it. But the silver looks good too!

    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    if you were verizon, wouldn't you want to make your version a little diff from yout cdma competitor?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  6. #26  
    Where did you guys order the Verizon Treo? The PalmOne and Verizon Wireless sites aren't offering them yet ...
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by rhpt
    Where did you guys order the Verizon Treo? The PalmOne and Verizon Wireless sites aren't offering them yet ...
    wow
  8. #28  
    what? What?
  9. #29  
    Sorry...Read the story on the front page of TC or read one of the many threads currently active on the verizon treo. There is a surplus of info.

    good luck
  10. #30  
    Can someone with the Verizon treo tell me what firmware/software version of the Treo they are shipping...my counterpart in New York is signing up and I would like to know if he will need to update or whether he will get an "already updated" unit. Thanks.
  11. #31  
    I ordered my phone through the Verizon Tele Sales, 1-888-924-7934. I started by trying to move my AT&T wireless account to a Verizon Business account. I was told the phone would not be available in California until the 19th. When we finished, I ended-up with a personal account and was told the phones are available now. I should receive my phone by overnight service tomorrow or Friday. I signed-up for a two year contract at $449.

    More good news, today I received my update to Metrowerks to handle the Palm OS 5 so I will be personalizing my phone software.
  12. #32  
    does the treo come with an SD card in the box?
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by treo-mike
    Can someone with the Verizon treo tell me what firmware/software version of the Treo they are shipping...my counterpart in New York is signing up and I would like to know if he will need to update or whether he will get an "already updated" unit. Thanks.
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $there$ $hasn$'$t$ $been$ $an$ $update$ $released$ $for$ $the$ $Verizon$ $Treo$, $so$ $there$'$s$ $no$ $need$ $to$ $worry$ $about$ $what$ $version$ $you$ $have$.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by open_market
    I ordered my phone through the Verizon Tele Sales, 1-888-924-7934. I started by trying to move my AT&T wireless account to a Verizon Business account. I was told the phone would not be available in California until the 19th. When we finished, I ended-up with a personal account and was told the phones are available now. I should receive my phone by overnight service tomorrow or Friday. I signed-up for a two year contract at $449.

    More good news, today I received my update to Metrowerks to handle the Palm OS 5 so I will be personalizing my phone software.
    what extension did you use?
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by rockon4ever777
    does the treo come with an SD card in the box?
    Sadly, it does not.
  16. #36  
    Did anyone test the data speed on the Verizon Treo?

    I found that http://2wire.com/ has a nice speed meter.

    From a comparison I made, T-Mobile Treo and AT&T Treo gave pretty much the same speeds - ranging around 40Kbps.
  17. #37  
    How much is Verizon Unlimited Data for the Treo 600?
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
  18. #38  
    And how much is unlimited SMS (for Verichat in SMS mode) for Verizon?
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by citi
    what extension did you use?
    ext. 8075, it should connect you with Silva. She took my order and was very helpful. I'm not sure how I got routed to 888-924-7934, ext 8075. I probably talked with seven different people before someone was able to take the order.
  20. ajhughes's Avatar
    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by larat
    Will someone who has the VZW Treo post the first three digits of the ESN? I'm curious to see if they are in the same sequence as the Sprint Treos.
    Just got mine this moring - Wednesday. Ordered first thing Monday morning.
    So far so good.
    First 3 numbers of ESN are 600
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions