Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    First Question:
    To confirm the Treo 600 takes the standard/any 2.5 mm 3 component headset jack correct? Can i use any standard off the shelf headset? Dont care about headphone (music) funcationality.

Question 2: What are your opinions about the best quality headset. i am tired of crappy headset noise, etc. I perfer a windup, but i am scared to invest in one of the ZIP-LINX because i am not sure if they settled for poorer quality to keep their price down.

Question 3:
    Also interested in the Jabra Bluetooth headset. Limited to the non blue tooth version of course. Any comments there?
    robert
    Yes on your first question, and check here for advice on your others...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44
    "There has always been a tension in conservatism between those who favor more liberty and those who want more morality. But what's indisputable is that Bush's 'compassionate conservatism' is a move toward the latter - the use of the government to impose and subsidize certain morals over others. He is fusing big government liberalism with religious right moralism. It's the nanny-state with more cash." -- www.AndrewSullivan.com
    I am using a Shure Quietspot QSH3 and I love it. You can get it for like $32 (incl. shipping) on ebay right now: http://search.ebay.com/quietspot-qsh...sortpropertyZ3
    I'm using SHURE QUIETSPOT as well, great comments from the other end, just as a test I used it while riding a noisy 2 stroke scooter, with an open face helmet. The person I called, had no problem hearing me, and they were clear as a bell in my ear.
    Last edited by dbmgreen; 07/15/2004 at 05:59 AM. Reason: spelling??
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen
    I'm using SURE QUIETSPOT as well, great comments from the other end, just as a test I used it while riding a noisy 2 stroke scooter, with an open face helmet. The person I called, had no problem hearing me, and they were clear as a bell in my ear.
    I am also a very happy shure customer great fit and No complaints from the customers I talk to. My only wish that it was wireless.

Just brought the Unleash wireless head set and to so far it sucks, customers constantly complain they are getting echo thier end and if I turn the volume down (per manual) thay can't hear me ? am also getting only approx 1 hr talk time instead of the 3.5hr claimed , so I reverted back to the "shure" thing
    Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen
    I'm using SHURE QUIETSPOT as well, great comments from the other end, just as a test I used it while riding a noisy 2 stroke scooter, with an open face helmet. The person I called, had no problem hearing me, and they were clear as a bell in my ear.
    I too ride a scooter, and would like a headset I could use while driving.
    Took a look at the Shure on Ebay, but couldn't find any mentioning of an answer button. Doesn't it have it? If it doesn't have it, I might as well take of my helmet and talk directly into the Treo as I would have to pull over and stop to grab my Treo in my pocket and answer the phone...

/Christopher
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I have the Jabra bluetooth headset that I use with my Treo 600. The headset works great, if you don't ming the "adapter" that plugs into the Treo. It has a clip so you can attach it to your belt or Treo case or whatever. I tend to only use it in the car and keep it clipped to my center console where I usually have my Treo sitting when I'm driving. The price just came down I believe on them too.

By the way, are you the Rob Calvert that went to Lakota High School in Ohio? Just wondering!
    Last I heard (and I have one of these that I don't use because of it) the answer button on the Jabra Freespeak doesn't work with Treo 600. Someone was going to write a software patch to fix this, but it is not out AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK. $Are$ $you$ $OK$ $with$ $this$ $lack$, $Mapleleaf$?
    http://www.doctordalai.com
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    True, you have to "answer" the call on the Treo itself, which I guess is a huge pain if you don't have it right next to you. Like I said, I normally use this in the car so the Treo is right there in the center console. A normal wired headset would work in the car, but it is nice when someone calls me at home because it always seems like as soon as I start working on something, someone calls...with the wireless I can talk to them and do whatever...but you're right, the bad thing is at the end of the call I have to go to the Treo and hang up!

It would be EXCELLENT if you could use the button on the Jabra to answer and end calls for sure, but 99 percent of the time for me, I have the phone close by.
    I use the step 1150 from step communications. I have had it about 3 weeks and I love it. It is wireless(with adapter) and you can answer and end calls via the headset.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Rakim...
    The answer/end button on the Step 1150 definitely works with the Treo 600? Even when the keypad/light lock is on? I'll look into getting one if that's the case. ($129 at their online store.) Is the online store the only place you can get Step Communications products?

thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mapleleaf
    Rakim...
    The answer/end button on the Step 1150 definitely works with the Treo 600? Even when the keypad/light lock is on? I'll look into getting one if that's the case. ($129 at their online store.) Is the online store the only place you can get Step Communications products?

thanks.

Yes, the answer/end button definitely works with the Treo 600 even when the lock is on. It also seems to have great range, although I am not sure of the exact distance. I was surprised at how great the voice quality is on the other end since the 1150 doesn't have a boom. My wife thought it was so clear that I had to buy one for her also. I had problems with mine at 1st but it was my fault. I didn't follow the directions completely when trying to pair the headset with the adapter. Make sure the adapter is plugged into the phone when pairing.

I ordered mine from the online store, however there is a guy selling them on ebay without the adapter for 34.95 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW .

I'm not sure if Step will let you buy just the adapter and I wanted a black headset and the guy on ebay seems to be selling the silver ones so I didn't pursue the matter.

If you have any more questions about it just ask away.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Excellent! I will probably get one of those then. Wonder why in the heck the Jabra button doesn't work then?!? Guess the Jabra will have to find a new home after I get the new one!

Thanks for the info.
    Quote Originally Posted by grenness
    I too ride a scooter, and would like a headset I could use while driving.
    Took a look at the Shure on Ebay, but couldn't find any mentioning of an answer button. Doesn't it have it? If it doesn't have it, I might as well take of my helmet and talk directly into the Treo as I would have to pull over and stop to grab my Treo in my pocket and answer the phone...

/Christopher
    Callshields latest version has a way of setting up a rule to answer calls as they come in. It's easy to enable and dissable this rule.
  15.    #15  
    Mapleleaf,

Nope, not that Robert Calvert that went to Lakota High School in Ohio. Sorry.
    robert
    i just ordered/received the Seidio retractable 2 in 1 headset and i love it. i love the retractable feature but even better is that i now have one that works for the phone AND for mp3's. i used to lug 2 different headsets around. this one solved my problems! there is an article about it on the front page of this site.
    just got the reason unleash wireless headset... works great so far... great sound and I now don't have to talk loadly to be heard.. the dongle I very small and easily velcro,d to my case as needed and not in the way. both dongle and headset get charged in portable case by 4 AA. I like that headset goes into stanby auto after a min of no phone activvity. will let u know more as I use it. avail at reason website for $70 if put in coupon code "treo600" at check out... much cheaper than jabra, and its flash button works, unlike jabra's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mapleleaf
    Excellent! I will probably get one of those then. Wonder why in the heck the Jabra button doesn't work then?!? Guess the Jabra will have to find a new home after I get the new one!
    How is that Step 1150 working out for you, Mapleleaf?
    i only have a cell & the BEST HEADSET IS AT ****THEBOOM.COM**** ive done the homework on 23 different headsets. comfort, quality & design a perfect 10 all around!

i get tired of recharging the bluetooth device.
    ohio state SUCKS!! & michigan state will never measure up!
    p.s. lakers SUCK too!! GO PISTONS!!
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Never got the Step - I read a report that it has terrible battery life and I'm tired of jacking around with it - (I'll just use the Treo until somebody makes a flip phone that does the same thing as the Treo - then I'll be happy. If the I500 had SMS Text messaging, I'd be in heaven.)

I've given up on headsets!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast