Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Seidio is announcing its best selling 2 in 1 headset for Treo 600 with an added feature: retractable cable. This new feature will provide you with the ease and convenience you have been missing.

With one switch, you can go from talking to listening to MP3 music without changing to another headset.

With one pull, you can retract the cable back into the housing and keep the cable neatly wrapped and untangled.

This is the only headset you ever need for your Treo 600.

For more information about this product, please visit:

http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...=HMERSVOT%2DSL
    Attached Images Attached Images
    dang you Seidio - as soon as I'm happy with one product, you come out with something new to make me want the new one.
    I bought the stereo headset, and then out came the 2in1.
    I got the 2in1, and now out comes the retractable one.
    I must be strong...I must.....hold...out. aaaaiiiiieeeeeeeee
    looks ike i will be getting a new toy for my treo !
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Oy, I finally got my 2-in-1 adaptor, and you come out with a better one. Do you have a trade-in offer????

Louis
    has anyone bought one of these? comments on sound quality?
    What I want to know is can I run with these? I currently use the standard 2in1 and the cord is a bit long. I like the idea of a retractable cord but will an accidental pull while your arms are moving be more of a pain than the long cord. Too bad they didn't add a cord lock switch on the housing.

I'll most likely get one in a bit but I'm hoping "the pull to retract" is not gonna be too sensitive.
    well I've tried running with the 2in1, and it's really just too heavy a total unit for me - pulling on the ear buds and such. I'd think that adding the retractor would make things even worse....
  8.    #8  
    Hi,

We also offer 2 in 1 backphone which is ideal for running .

Seidio
    yep, I've thought about the backphone....but how many headsets can/should one person own? There has to be an end to the madness somehow...make it stop!!!

(I say this while at the same I go to the Seidio website every day and longingly look at the retractor ones, the backphone - so many to choose from. Dang it)
    nrosser, I think if I modify a Tune Belt slightly ( straps on arm http://www.tunebelt.com/ab2 ), that I'd be able to stick the retractable casing right to the outside with some velcro. This would make the weight not noticeable.

seidioseidio, I'm not interested in the backphone simply because on long runs those kind of headphones can get pretty soaked. :-) However, adding the Ear Wraps I just noticed on your site would be a nice touch to prevent the buds from popping out.
    back and forth we go - manielse, I actually gave those ear wraps a try (see what I mean - i want it all), and I sent them back for full credit. They had a number of problems, as I saw it:
    1. When you put the 2in1 earbuds, which are already pretty big, inside another plastic bud thing, that total size just became wwaayyy too big to fit in anyone's ears, unless you're Spock or something.
    2. The plastic around-behind-the-ear part just wasn't designed at a correct angle or something - it's like it made the speaker pod sit at a funky angle, and the whole thing just didn't fit well in my ear, and fell out with no effort.

So - good try, but maybe some design changes and they'll be there.
    Thanks for saving me a few bucks nrosser! I figured an addon clip would not fit perfectly and you just verified that. I would consider built in ear wraps if the ever decided to splice those on as a seperate model.

It's too bad that the Seidio 2 in 1 Headset Adaptor, RETRACTABLE model ( http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...HME2RSVOT%2DSL ) is just that, retractable. It would be nice to use your favorite 3.5mm headphones especially with the with the 2 in 1 feature but why would I want this to be retractable? What I mean is the fact that you're already gonna have the cord of your headphones that you plug into the adapter, why would I need another long cord? I'd want maybe 2 inches of cord between the 2.5mm plug and the control unit.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrosser
    1. When you put the 2in1 earbuds, which are already pretty big, inside another plastic bud thing, that total size just became wwaayyy too big to fit in anyone's ears, unless you're Spock or something.
    2. The plastic around-behind-the-ear part just wasn't designed at a correct angle or something - it's like it made the speaker pod sit at a funky angle, and the whole thing just didn't fit well in my ear, and fell out with no effort.
    Hi Nrosser,

When you are using our earwrap, you will need to put the earbud into the earwrap. But when you using it, only the tip on the earwrap should be in your ear. It is not designed to put the earbud with the ear wrap into your ear. And that's the purpose of using the around the ear design to hold the earbud.

The plastic around the ear design is suitable for most user. Since everybody will have a different ear shape. It cannot 100% fit all people. Again, the design of the earwrap is not putting the earbud with the ear wrap into your ear. You may want to try the ear wrap again and see how they fit you.

If you have any question, please feel free to let us know. Seidio is providing a wide variety of 2-in-1 hands free solutions to fit different needs. This is the reason that we have 3 major different models for the 2-in-1 headsets.

thanks

Seidio, inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by manielse
    It's too bad that the Seidio 2 in 1 Headset Adaptor, RETRACTABLE model ( http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...HME2RSVOT%2DSL ) is just that, retractable. It would be nice to use your favorite 3.5mm headphones especially with the with the 2 in 1 feature but why would I want this to be retractable? What I mean is the fact that you're already gonna have the cord of your headphones that you plug into the adapter, why would I need another long cord? I'd want maybe 2 inches of cord between the 2.5mm plug and the control unit.
    Hi Manielse,

The Seidio 2-in-1 Headset adapter has combined the "2-in-1 Technology" and a "2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter" together. This headset adapter is for you to use the 2-in-1 feature with your favorite headphones with 3.5mm connector. For the retractable feature, we understand that some customers will put the Treo 600 in their pocket, so they need a longer cable between the control box and the connector. And for some customers, they will have the treo 600 on their belt, which may only need 2 inches. Also, since the microphone is built-in to the control box, you may need to extend the cord and pull the microphone closer to you to talk.

If you have any question about our 2-in-1 headsets, please feel free to let us know.

Seidio,inc.
    thanks, Seidio, for responding (I had already sent the ear wraps back for full credit, so it's a moot point, really, but I'll ask since I'm curious). So you say 'only the tip on the earwrap should be in the ear' - I'm guessing you mean the tiny pointed tip of the thing:

http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...oductCode=HJBK

and I have to say that I think that's a bad design intent. As you guys know, just about every other ear bud thing out there (including your own) depends in having the big round part of the ear bud inserted into the ear canal to hold the thing in there (along with gravity). So - if your intent is to have the fat ear bud part just kind of hanging outside the ear canal, loose, with the behind the ear wrap holding the whole thing on the ear - well, that just doesn't sound very secure or logical to me. I also don't think that unless the bud itself is in the canal, that the sound would be coming through to the ear.

But - none of this matters to me, since I don't have mine anymore. And, admittedly, I didn't try the method you state, so I can't say for sure one way or the other. But thanks for posting your info.
    nrosser, I guess we could just buy the retractable 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter and use any pair of earwraps we like.

After reading wrxm33's comments, being able to pull the microphone closer is kind of nice so it's a best of both worlds.
    nrosser - I have to agree with you on the ear wraps, though I didn't even want to waste the time or energy attempting to get a refund. I used them for a day then tossed them into my desk drawer where they have stayed ever since... The wraps just did not hold securely enough to my ear for my liking, and the "fat ear bud part" was simply annoying and uncomfortable. I have been happy with every other product I got from seidio so far, though, and they even replaced a 2-in-1 that was damaged quickly & with no problems.

I have the retractable sitting in my cart right now and am about to purchase it...
    Hi Nrosser,

We completely understand that most earbuds and ear wrap cannot fit all users, which is just like shoes have different sizes, clothes have different sizes too. If there is a standard on the size of the ear, we would be more than happy to design the earbuds and ear wraps in different sizes to fit all customers. So far, we tried our best to make one to fit almost all ear shape.

For the earwrap, the around the ear design will support most of the weight of the earbuds, but for the tip it will also find a support near around the ear canel and the Ear bud will be just touching the outside of the ear and having a slight support from the ear.

Nrosser, thank you very much for your comments and questions on the earbuds and ear wraps. We will consider this as a product improvement idea. Possibily some day we will have the ear buds and ear wraps in "Small, Medium and Large" size.

thanks again.
    Assuming the retractable has good sound quality and is the same as the non-retractable (except with the added retractability), I would like to sell my non-retractable (got it as a gift only a couple weeks ago) if anyone is interested.
    For how much? Shipping cost for Hong Kong? How do I pay? I think I have a paypal account set up a year ago and never used it.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast