1.    #1  
    From what I can see there is a program out now that will let your use your Treo600 like a USB storage device. My question is, if I am sent an email with a MS Word file as an attachment or any other type of file, can I get to the file when I hook up the T600 as the USB drive? Also, are there any size limits to attachments?

Thanks for the comments in advance.
    You can get any file you want. Your Treo is recognized as another hard drive on the computer. You may or may not be able to view the file depending on what software you have on the Treo. The size is only limited by the available memory on your SD card. Download the program and try it out. I prefer a card reader but they both have ups and downs.

Good Luck
    Qualification: This response is based on my experience with the Palm Mail app and CardExport2. I can't speak for other email apps like Goodlink and Snappermail.

Unless you have the full version of Docs2Go---which allows you to save the Word.doc file (in native MS format) to your SD card---CardExport2 would NOT 'see' it when it becomes an E:\ drive on your PC. Card Export is not meant to access any files on your Palm RAM or ROM, muchless into the content of the "Email_libr_HsMp_BC......" palm database file (in RAM) where the attachments exist when they arrive into your Palm Mail inbox.

I am evaluating CardExport2 at the moment and think it is great as is. I will buy it after the trial period since it saves me from carrying my card reader to copy files between my PC (or anyone elses for that matter) and the Treo600 SD card. If I want access to any of my ROM/RAM files, I can move the ROM/RAM file I want to a ROM/RAM backup folder on my card using ZLauncher (or other file manager like FileZ) and then access them (move to PC) the via CardExport2.

This Zlauncher approach doesn't solve your initial question thought since the attachments you receive in Email are stored in the aforementioned Palm Mail app database and not as individual files in RAM. That said, (I think) you can do what you want if you have the full version of Docs2Go as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anon
    From what I can see there is a program out now that will let your use your Treo600 like a USB storage device. My question is, if I am sent an email with a MS Word file as an attachment or any other type of file, can I get to the file when I hook up the T600 as the USB drive? Also, are there any size limits to attachments?

Thanks for the comments in advance.

In short yes you can! I don't think you actually need DTG to download the attachments. If you have snapper, it should allow you to save the files directly to the card, and then you can use card export II to view the files on your desktop when using the Treo as an external drive. However you will not be able to open the files on the Treo without DTG...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions