1.    #1  
    There have been several posts about how tough the Treo 600 is. I have the silver one and I regret to say that mine went totally dead after a 2-foot drop onto a tile floor. It landed almost totally flat on the keyboard/screen side and went black, never to recover. I was absolutely shocked! It must have hit just right, because so many others have reported larger drops on even harder surfaces. Just a note -- let's be careful out there.
    You were just unlucky - I have dropped mine on a stone pier from about 4 feet without any ill effects. I had a small mark in the plastics.
    lol for some reson picturing a 2 foot drop, then the treo being dead sounds funny to me.

That was very unluck, just be carful with the next one.

I droped mine in my car and it hit the screen. Then i had a big mark on my screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by treolife
    after a 2-foot drop onto a tile floor.... because so many others have reported larger drops on even harder surfaces.
    What's harder then a tile floor??? Diamonds??

Be careful...these things are expensive
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    same thing happened to mine, even though i stuck my foot out and it landed on my soft sneaker. just bad luck.
    i had my handsfree in my treo and i walked away from my desk with it in my ear. it landed on carpet, from about 3.5 feet. BROKEN
    I believe in paying the extortion fee of $4 per month for "equipment replacement" even though I survived two > 3-4 ft drops to concrete floors. And no, I wasn't trying to check out how good the insurance may work.
    Wow I really feel lucky now. I dropped my treo from about a 3-4 foot distance right on to concrete and it bounced a couple times but other than some unnoticable scratches and dents I didnt see or notice anything mess up on the phone or software. I also dropped it on a tile floor from about 2 foot as well but it landed right on the antenna and I was surfing the web at the time and it got in this weird hybrid wide/optimized view. When I pressed menu it showed Optimized view and Wide view twice :::Weird:::

Hopefully you can get it replaced for free and learn a lesson. Its a very scary moment seeing your treo falling on a hard surface in slow motion. You just freeze and cant react. Scary moment indeed
    Dropped twice. Once from cubicle with the headset attached, dragged it away from the table down 2 feet on the carpet floor. So far so good.

Just this morning, I just woke up and was about to check my messages, when I opened the holster, mouth toward the concrete floor, and there just like that it slipped, rushing to the concrete, and bounced twice I think with screen face down. I was in suspense for a moment, I was fully awakened. I was already telling myself how stupid can you get!

Then, I picked it up, no scratches, nothing, fully functioning and I went to the breakfast table as if nothing happened. Really close call.
    I grabbed mine off a granite counter top today, it slipped through my fingers and started towards the floor... I swooped my hand down and caught it with about a foot to spare. My mother looked at me with wide eyes, I caught my breath and started laughing. She asked, "Did you mean to do that?"
    "No way," I replied, amazed that I caught it.

I was just talking with co-workers about how I pay $4 a month because I know I'll drop it one of these days. Today just wasn't the day. phew.
    I dropped mine so many times I wonder if it wants a more competant owner. It may be time for egrips.
    I dropped my Treo 600 a few times (once on concrete from about 4 feet), and after a few weeks it started showing signs of wear (and/or decay). The Treo 600 now resets itself often (without being prompted to) and disconnects from wireless service without touching the unit, or when the unit is set down on a table or in a car mount.

Time to test AT&T's customer service and exchange program. The unit is a couple months old. I love Palm units in general ( as this is my 4th unit after a Palm Pilot 1000, Palm Vx, Palm m525, and now the handspring Treo600). While we are on the "cutting edge" of the PDA/smartphone convergence, AT&T GSM service with the Treo 600 in the SF Bay area leaves much to be desired, (less distortion, audio mutes, dropped calls, dynamic GSM signal fluctuation while not moving, etc.).

I hope that a replacement phone will help a number of the forementioned problems. Time to buy a durable neoprene case or an aluminum case for the Treo 600(similar to my Palm m525, which has survived many falls and other mishaps in my backpack).

Any suggestions on a good Treo 600 case?

Any experience with AT&T wireless customer service on Treo600 repairs or replacement issues?

Thanks in advance,

Gino

ngeneus1 at yahoo dot com
    Dropped mine from not very far - the lads and I were throwing each other into a stack of cardboard boxes after a heavy drinking session at our usual watering hole.

Treo fell off my belt-clip. It wasn't dead but the big crack in the screen was a showstopper

Replaced it, had a new screen put in the other one and now I have two.

Why have one when you can have two for twice the price!
    www.gsmworld.com
    dropped mine so many times I don't even flinch anymore. once I dropped it (conditions were such that It was like I threw it) on concrete and the fall jammed my mute button and the led (green) light no longer flashed.

after a few days decided to open it up and see if plastic was jamming it. I pulled it apart apart then pushed it back, works like new now. mine has scratches and gashes all over it. screens perfect though, I just want it to last until the new treo comes out.
    it isn't the fall that kills it, but the landing.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.