1.    #1  
    I am thinking that if a buy a 2 in 1 adapter and an FM transmitter it would become a cost effective superior quality car kit and play mp3's.

Any thoughts on if this would work or not??
  2.    #2  
    Has anyone already tried this?
  3.    #3  
    Anyone?
    I use the FM transmitter but it's not the same as a car kit. I can hear callers over my car speakers and I can speak to them through my Treo speaker (like using the speaker phone function). Sometimes they have difficulty hearing me. My main reason for buying the FM transmitter was for listening to Audible and it works great for that. If I were a heavy phone user in the car, I don't think the FM transmitter would be the way to go but it works fine for occasional use.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks I definately need something that works good.
    Quote Originally Posted by lb505
    I use the FM transmitter but it's not the same as a car kit. I can hear callers over my car speakers and I can speak to them through my Treo speaker (like using the speaker phone function). Sometimes they have difficulty hearing me. My main reason for buying the FM transmitter was for listening to Audible and it works great for that. If I were a heavy phone user in the car, I don't think the FM transmitter would be the way to go but it works fine for occasional use.
    I purchased an FM transmitter for exactly the same purpose, but was unable to get it to work. If I plugged anything other than a headset into the Treo it would simply not use it. I was told that it was because only the headsets had the right "impedance" or "resistance" or something. Could you tell what FM transmitter (brand name, model, etc) you have that works...

Thanks!
    I bought the Seidio http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...e=SFTF1HSTR600 . Works like a charm.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    The iRock (bought at Radio Shack) works great as well...
    Hey... bought the transmitter and it works (and looks) great... except when I am charging the Treo... I get a lot of interference... have you noticed this?
    Yes, hissing and crackling. Someone posted somewhere that it needs a grounding loop(?) or something like that. I never bought it because it looked like more than I would be able to install myself.
    Yes, the interference is from a ground loop. You need to get a ground loop isolator. Radio Shack has one, but the only problem is that it has RCA jacks on each end. The picture shows one coverter from RCA to headphone, but you would need another if it doesn't include it.

http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...t%5Fid=270-054
    Quote Originally Posted by alex_mathews
    Yes, the interference is from a ground loop. You need to get a ground loop isolator. Radio Shack has one, but the only problem is that it has RCA jacks on each end. The picture shows one coverter from RCA to headphone, but you would need another if it doesn't include it.

http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...t%5Fid=270-054
    The other end would go to the car charger?
    The other end would go to the car charger?
    It goes between the FM transmitter and the Treo headphone jack. It filters out the noise caused by the ground loop, at least that's my understanding.
    Does it require the "ground loop isolator"?
    Went and bought the isolator from Radio Shack, and the needed adapters. All told it was about $30; it's hugemongus and adds about 5 miles of wire to the configuration. All in all: not worth it.
    Thanks, I was considering it but wondered how much clutter would be added. My drives are generally short enough that I can go without charging for awhile while I listen anyway.
    Yes. Seidio's 2-in-1 adapter with the Seidio iSound FM transmitter with 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter are the best combination as a Car Kit for Treo 600.

As some of you may know, Seidio is working on a car kit for Treo 600. It should be available soon.