1.    #1  
    I have two SD cards - a 32MB and a Sandisk 512MB.

I use a Viking 6 in 1 card reader to access various types of media however when I copy/delet files from my sd cards I frequently end up with unreadable cards '"directory corrupted" errors, which require a format of my card to resolve.

I assume this is the card reader, anyone got amy thoughts?
    Nope, 99 times out of a 100 it is the USB port and the reader.

The errors only happen in the reader and not the Treo correct ?
    I had the same kinds of SD card corruption with a 6-in-1 card reader I bought at Sam's Club. I kept having to re-format the card because I couldn't write to it from the PC. I finally realized it was the card reader, not the car itself.

I bought a card reader that only does SD cards and things have been fine. I can't remember what brand the 6-in-1 was.

-Sim
    It usually happens when the USB bus voltage drops to low, there are many problems with PC's and multi USB devices, and usually compounded by have hubs and other unpowered devices pulling down the supply voltage.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    It usually happens when the USB bus voltage drops to low, there are many problems with PC's and multi USB devices, and usually compounded by have hubs and other unpowered devices pulling down the supply voltage.
    Intresting - I do have a usb hub too, it's supposed to be powered but I'm not convinced - good catch though.

Strange how it doesn't happen with SmartMedia etc