1.    #1  
    Seidio introduced the current version of 2 in 1 headset in March of 2004 and it was well-received in Treo 600 community. Recently, some customers voiced complaints about defects. In fact, this defect occurred in only a small percentage of our products, particularly among the earlier units. The majority of the products had no defects.

Recently, Seidio's technical department has closely examined and extensively tested the 2 in 1 headset. Problems have been identified and the issues have been corrected. The new 2 in 1 Headset for Treo 600 that is currently shipping should have no defects.

If you ordered a headset that was defective, please contact us immediately and we will gladly replace it with a new one. We apologize for any frustration or inconvenience you may have incurred. Quality products and customer satisfaction are our main priorities and we are constantly striving to make sure we meet these goals.

If you have any suggestions about improvements for the 2 in 1 Headset, please contact us at: dsc@seidio.com

Thank You!
    complaints that ive been hearing have been that the other caller says that i sound muffled and difficult to hear when in phone mode.

the mp3 sounds fine, but the phone reception quality on the other end of the call is very inconsistent.

i am considering buying the 2 in 1 retractable headset for the treo 600 if its issues are resolved.

can you tell me that the receiver's call quality will be inproved?
    i am looking for a headset with excellent call quality on BOTH ends.
    will the next seidio 2 in 1 have excellent voice quality?
    I ordered the 2-in-1 retractable on Friday (should be here on Wed), though the order got messed up and I'm getting the headset instead of the adapter version I requested. Anyhow, I'll let you know how the quality is on both of them
    Will
    Quote Originally Posted by WillH
    I ordered the 2-in-1 retractable on Friday (should be here on Wed), though the order got messed up and I'm getting the headset instead of the adapter version I requested. Anyhow, I'll let you know how the quality is on both of them
    thank you, will!
    basic point is, if seidio can guarantee a consistently, superior sound quality with their 2 in 1 headsets in both mp3 mode and phone mode, then i am onboard immediately! no question. the concept is excellent. the quality is the only question.
    Nice of seidio to proactively do this!
    Well, the retractable part was the kicker for me--nothing worse than having to deal with tangled cords. With the adapter version, you have the option to use whatever quality headphones you want.

I'm wondering, if the adapter version is used without headphones, would it use its own mic and put sound through the Treo speaker?
    Will
    About a month ago, I bought the Seidio 2-in-1 headset adapter (http://store.treocentral.com/accesso...ew.php?a_id=48) from TreoCentral. The first one had a problem with causing phone calls to be dropped. It was immediately replaced by the good folks at TreoCentral, and I haven't had any problems since. Sound quality during phone calls is good on both ends; music audio quality is also very good (but falls short of my iPod with a HeadRoom.com headphone amplifier and Sennheiser HD 280 Pro headphones...). Still no complaints here.
    Last edited by TBeardmore; 07/13/2004 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Corrected a typo
    Quote Originally Posted by WillH
    I'm wondering, if the adapter version is used without headphones, would it use its own mic and put sound through the Treo speaker?
    I'm afraid not. When you plug the jack into the base of the Treo, it cuts the audio from its built-in speaker. I imagine that the microphone would work but there's no audio unless you connect an external speaker or set of headphones.

Best,
    Tom