Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I did a big search last night trying to find out every web browser that works for the Treo 600, and I was surprised I didn't find one thread that had them all listed. These are the common ones I know of. Please add some others that work for you, or tell me if I have in fact missed another comprehensive Treo 600 browser thread.

Blazer
    Web Browser Pro
    Reqwireless Webviewer
    Xiino
    Eudora

I can't seem to use Palmscape without my phone doing a soft reset.
    pocketlink
    wap browser - takes up a ton of ram however
    avantgo wireless
    Is one of them any better than the others?

I use Blazer, but it's way slow.

But then, maybe they all are given the bandwidth limitations...?
    Which one is recommended for best integration with the Treo? I've used Web Pro on a Tungsten, but it seems that Blazer is well integrated with the Dpad and the others aren't. Any recommendations?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    im partial to reqwireless webviewer. but you cant dial from within a wite or download from within the browser.

each has its strengths. blazer is great all around for the ability to carry out both of these features - dialing from within the browser and downloading prc files - pics, ringtones, etc. if you need the ability to do these, use blazer.

if you want speed, goto reqwireless webviewer. i think thats the way to go.
    Just thought I'd put in my 2 cents - I currently use WebViewer by Reqwireless. I've obviously used Blazer and have tried WebPro. I am quite happy with Webviewer and would recommend the product. It is very fast, has nice history management capabilities, and renders pages quite well. The downsides are that Javascript is not supported (which obviously affects some web sites and a java environment (such as WebSphere MIDP) is required since WebViewer is a java app. The downside of requiring a java environment is that some functionality, which may be be perfect for a T600 can't be changed by Reqwireless (ie, you're stuck with what the java environment provides in some instances) and there is an additional cost. However, overall I'm very pleased with WebViewer and would recommend the product.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjprusk
    Just thought I'd put in my 2 cents - I currently use WebViewer by Reqwireless. I've obviously used Blazer and have tried WebPro. I am quite happy with Webviewer and would recommend the product. It is very fast, has nice history management capabilities, and renders pages quite well. The downsides are that Javascript is not supported (which obviously affects some web sites and a java environment (such as WebSphere MIDP) is required since WebViewer is a java app. The downside of requiring a java environment is that some functionality, which may be be perfect for a T600 can't be changed by Reqwireless (ie, you're stuck with what the java environment provides in some instances) and there is an additional cost. However, overall I'm very pleased with WebViewer and would recommend the product.
    yeah, i will echo these comments. i havent had much use for web pro because i found it to be noticeably slow. painfully slow at times. was this your experience as well? how does web pro compare to reqwireless?
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    my vote is for ReqWireless, flat out faster than Blazer or the Pro.
    I use Palm Web Pro after having tried ReqWireless and am very happy with it. I think it renders pages quite well and the speed is OK also. I am using T-Mobile (GSM) so I certainly don't see the same speeds as Sprint users do. Maybe that's why I didn't notice much difference in speed between Palm Web Pro and ReqWireless. I do like the appearance of Palm Web Pro better than ReqWireless and I like the fact that I don't have to have the JVM installed.
    Treo 600 on T-Mobile since March 2004
    Which of these browsers supports frames?

Yes, we all hate framed pages. Unfortunately, the college I attend has crucial information that I need daily for classes on framed pages and I can't get Blazer to let me see the whole screen. I wish Palm would just license Opera... their small-screen rendering looks good.

What do you guys recommend? Or is there a solution I'm not seeing?
    I'm pretty certain Palm Web Pro supports frames. Do you have a web site in mind that I could access and let you know the results?
    Quote Originally Posted by jjprusk
    Also - you cannot download files with ReqWireless' WebViewer.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    dbaldon, here is one for frames. Enter a dummy user ID and it will get you to the site.
    http://financiallinksonline.com/chat/index.php

There is a top and bottom frame. It is also a .php page, so I do not know how that will work.
    I tried the http://financiallinksonline.com/chat/index.php site with Web Pro and it looks pretty much the same as on my laptop's IE6.

I tried Web Pro because Blazer didn't handle Outlook Web Access frames at all - once I confirmed Web Pro worked with OWA, I didn't bother trying any others. It's pretty quick.
    The financiallinksonline site worked just fine. I had forgotten that OWA uses frames and I have used it in the past. On my GSM phone however it is just to slow.
  17.    #18  
    There are several threads on this board already debating which is the best browser. What I am wondering about most of all is are there any other browsers that anyone uses that work on the 600.

The list so far as of this thread is:

Blazer
    Web Browser Pro
    Reqwireless Webviewer
    Xiino
    Eudora
    AvantGo
    Pocketlink
    Wap Browser
    I have tried them all. WebPro just can't be beat since it handles javascript. I cannot understand how/why a company designing a browser would leave off javascript handling??? IMO, blazer and webpro are the only choices i consider. And since Blazer is a snail, WebPro wins because of the proxy access, it just speeds up web surfing amazingly fast compared to non-proxy browsing like blazer. If blazer could use the webpro proxy, then that would be the simple answer. Great GUI and speed....
    I agree with most of what you said but find a different conclusion. One of the places I live to view on the Treo is this board. I've found that WebPro doesn't work right if using the proxy (it always goes to the full board not the mobile version). Turning off the proxy fixes this, but then it's not better than blazer. So for my money I'm sticking with Blazer for now.

Quote Originally Posted by WirelessJ
    I have tried them all. WebPro just can't be beat since it handles javascript. I cannot understand how/why a company designing a browser would leave off javascript handling??? IMO, blazer and webpro are the only choices i consider. And since Blazer is a snail, WebPro wins because of the proxy access, it just speeds up web surfing amazingly fast compared to non-proxy browsing like blazer. If blazer could use the webpro proxy, then that would be the simple answer. Great GUI and speed....
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast