Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Does iPanel work on the Treo600?

James
    Quote Originally Posted by libmanj
    There are several threads on this board already debating which is the best browser. What I am wondering about most of all is are there any other browsers that anyone uses that work on the 600.

The list so far as of this thread is:

Blazer
    Web Browser Pro
    Reqwireless Webviewer
    Xiino
    Eudora
    AvantGo
    Pocketlink
    Wap Browser
    I guess no one has mentioned iPanel yet... Anyway, I've used or currently have all the above listed borwsers on my Treo and they all have their advantages disadvantages imo....

Blazer - best overall 5 way nav and best integrated with Treo. Difficult to download files though which requires use of extension manager

Webviewer - fastest browser. Can view whole non-mobile pages quickly! However, requires J2ME which takes up lots of space and borwser is pricey. Also requires proxy which negates use with sensitive sites

Xiino - probably best overall text based browser (with images off) imo. Can easily save pages to card and enable/diable proxy. Also supports SSl and javascript. However, no 5 way support

Eudora - free browser. Decent text based browser and integrates well with Eudora mail etc. However no 5 way support.

iPanel - very nice proxyless browser with javascript support. Also has nice wrap mode to easy viewing. No 5 way support

PocketLink - nice full featured proxyless browser. Can open pages from card and etc. No 5 way support.

Wapuniverse - full featured wap browser for palmos. However have read mixed reviews on this forum. No 5 way...

Jbrowser - J2ME based wap browser. Read much better opinions than above. However requires J2ME. Also doesn't support 5 way...

Avantgo - nice freeware offline browser. Can also view online channels. However limited viewable pages and lots of ads etc. Also bloated IMO and with limited 5 way support.

Plucker - great offline browser. Easy to set up. Don't know if 5 way is supported...probably is by now

Handstory - Another nice offline browser. Kinda pricey, but easy to configure and download wep clippings to Treo

Webpro - various patched versions. Best borwser to downloading files. Don't need extension manager and can save directly to card. Ver 3.0a doesn't render images properly and no 5 way support but ver 3.5 does. Also, can enable or disable proxy for better speed. Earlier patched version of 3.5 doesn't support proxy though...do a search...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    PLUG2NET.. NEW INTERNET CONNECTION SOURCE

Handango just emailed me a list of new software applications, and plug 2 NET browser usb internet connection over your pc was a new addition! wonder how this one stacks up against the likes of those mentioned above!
    Last edited by treobk214; 07/15/2004 at 09:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Webpro - various patched versions. Best borwser to downloading files. Don't need extension manager and can save directly to card. Ver 3.0a doesn't render images properly and no 5 way support but ver 3.5 does. Also, can enable or disable proxy for better speed. Earlier patched version of 3.5 doesn't support proxy though...do a search...
    I cannot find Web Pro ver 3.5 download link anywhere. On the Palm One site it talks about the benefits of the version with no link.

http://www.palmone.com/us/software/webpro35/

Anyone know where to get trial or buy it?

What I am trying to do is........I have a GPS tracking device. I want to be able to access the secure site to do a Locate. It does use Javascript. Other than that, it is much like Mapquest.

I have read through several threads, but my bottom line question is what browser is the best with secure sites with Javascript (and possibly frames)?
    The new version of Xiino has 5-way support, albeit not for everything. I've just uploaded a version that works around the infamous reset at launch that some people are experiencing.
    Does WebPro support chats such as Yahoo chat?
    Does anyone know why the latest version of Xiino won't do http://www.google.com/ for me? It redirects to http://www.google.co.jp/ . Which is hard for me to read... Anyone know how to fix that?

Otherwise I am liking what I get with Xiino. I am tired of Blazer being so slow it is almost worthless. And Reqwireless Webviewer seems good, but J2ME is not well integrated with PalmOS, and huge. (Cutting and pasting is a pain, mainly.)

-Sim

NoisyGecko
    I would think about giving Xiino a try if they would give free (or reasonable) upgrades (vs. charging for each beta release).

I too like WebViewer best.
    Quote Originally Posted by drrjv
    I would think about giving Xiino a try if they would give free (or reasonable) upgrades (vs. charging for each beta release).
    Agreed. I have a release of Xiino that I purchased only a couple of months before they stopped supporting it and started charging for the upgrade. I'm not trusting Xiino these days.

I'm using Blazer for the most part but open to something new.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    PLUG2NET.. NEW INTERNET CONNECTION SOURCE

Handango just emailed me a list of new software applications, and plug 2 NET browser usb internet connection over your pc was a new addition! wonder how this one stacks up against the likes of those mentioned above!

I'm loving it! It didn't like talking to Blazer, so I DLed the trial version of Xiino which works great. Internet and email wirelessly via bluetooth from the comfort of my own couch without a data plan. :-)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12