Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I looked at the verizon page and it is very confusing to me to figure out what the final cost will be to have the Internet service on the treo 600. If it is what i think it is there is NO WAY i can swicth over from Sprint because of the $ cost issue $, even though i want too.

Is that right $44.99 extra for the internet service on top of the normal phone service?

Thanks
    1. LOVE GOD WITH ALL OUR HEART, SOUL, MIND, AND STRENGTH. 2. AND LOVE OUR NEIGHBOR AS OUR SELF. (even when it's tough, This is Perfection).
    Yes, VZW is $44.99 if you also have a voice plan and $49.99 for no voice plan for 1xRTT unlimited use.

You can use QNC out of your minutes also (unlimited off peak) without the express network plan.
    Yes, Verizon makes it really easy to go with Sprint. The combination of the "fair and falexible" plan + $15 unlimited intenet made it irrestible. Verizon has got the best network when it comes to coverage but that is only an issue when you go off the major roads and population centers. I rarely do that so Sprint was right for me. If coverage is a major issue for you then VZ is the way to go.

My statement applies to N.E. USA. Not sure about other areas.
    Quote Originally Posted by HAPPY$BOBBY$
    1. LOVE GOD WITH ALL OUR HEART, SOUL, MIND, AND STRENGHT. 2. AND LOVE OUR NEIGHBOR AS OURSELF. (even when it's tough, This is Perfection).
    2. If greater perfection is desired, use a spell checker. :-)
    what's funny about this issue of data cost with Verizon is that two years ago, I left VZW to go with Sprint (changing from a Kyo6035, which I thought was really cool back then, to go to a 300 on Sprint). Back then, VZW only offered data minutes as PART OF your overall minutes. So, I had to get 2000 minutes in total, and my monthly total cost was like $250. When I joined up with Sprint, I got that same 2000 minutes (for $85) and unlimited data for $10. So - my total was $95, compared to $250 on average. You would have thought, two years later, that they would have gotten their act together concerning data pricing. Guess not, and I'm glad I made the switch back then. I've enjoyed the advantage of better pricing, as well as better devices, for two years - first the 300 and now the 600. Thanks Sprint.
    well what if you don't use the treo for heavy usage? what is this mobile web for 4.99 I see. (I know it's not high speed) Does it just charge your internet usage from your monthly minutes or do you have to pay a data charge on top of that?
  7.    #7  
    Thank You CojonesDeToro

Fixed
    1. LOVE GOD WITH ALL OUR HEART, SOUL, MIND, AND STRENGTH. 2. AND LOVE OUR NEIGHBOR AS OUR SELF. (even when it's tough, This is Perfection).
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by citi
    well what if you don't use the treo for heavy usage? what is this mobile web for 4.99 I see. (I know it's not high speed) Does it just charge your internet usage from your monthly minutes or do you have to pay a data charge on top of that?
    Yes i was wondering about this $4.99 one too.

The 44.99 plan is a joke, there is no way i could switch over based on this alone.
    Jeez, too expensive! You would think with the wireless portability now in effect, VW would start to get competitive with pricing, like Sprint's $10-15/month data plan.

Spending $500 for a Treo 600 which is capable of high speed internet access, and then not using that internet access is probably the very definition of mental retardation.
    what are you talking about...do you honestly think that's all that people buy the treo for? Some buy it for the...oh, I don't know.. seamless intergration between phone and pda. High speed internet is just ONE aspect.

That's like saying, "You bought that porsche 911 and you only drive it 65 mph? Seems like a waste of money. Pack up your porsche and ship it to the autobahn (mispelled?) That is the only way to use that porsche at full speed"

come on...
    There are cheaper Palm Smartphones out there. Even a previous generation of the Treo. If you're not going to use the high speed internet access then I can't see how you can justify buying the Treo 600.
    That's for their WAP service on standard handsets & yes it uses minutes and is 14kbps.
  14.    #14  
    I still don't understand the $4.99 one, is it internet service but just at a slower speed?
    or is it something totally different.

Also what is WAP service. Thank You
    Better that Cingular's $79.99 unlimited plan

V
    Quote Originally Posted by mdlissner
    Yes, VZW is $44.99 if you also have a voice plan and $49.99 for no voice plan for 1xRTT unlimited use.

You can use QNC out of your minutes also (unlimited off peak) without the express network plan.

There is also the 24.99 per month that buys 5mb of use.
    Joe V. - Sprint Nextel Business Solutions - SoCal
    Quote Originally Posted by VacantLot
    Better that Cingular's $79.99 unlimited plan

V
    This is not correct. I paid $19.99 for unlimited Media Works package with 1000 SMS and 200 MMS, and I am using it now. Though it said offer expired 7/11 but it is still there today and I guess you still can order it over the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by NetMetro
    This is not correct. I paid $19.99 for unlimited Media Works package with 1000 SMS and 200 MMS, and I am using it now. Though it said offer expired 7/11 but it is still there today and I guess you still can order it over the phone.
    Please show me where I can find that on Cingular's site. I've searched but cannot find it.

V

**** doh, found it. thanks
    Try this for the Cingular Media Package:

http://www.cingular.com/beyond_voice/media_packages

Not a bad deal if you can get the rep to give it to you for the Treo 600 as the site says it does not cover the 600
    Quote Originally Posted by NoahJohnson
    Not a bad deal if you can get the rep to give it to you for the Treo 600 as the site says it does not cover the 600
    Their CS does not even bother to ask me what phone I am using. All I telling them is I have Wireless Internet Express on my account and I want a better package. MMS and Shoutcast works like charm instantly.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast