Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Verizon 4.99 thing is basically Wireless Web, it only works with WAP which is a form of web browsing. It wont provide a data connection for most of your internet apps and if I recall, even Blazer doesnt have great WAP support.
    Anyways, definitely not intended nor recommended for the Treo 600.
    Pete
    a little of topic but for those of you that want a wap like experience on your Treo there is a site www.pdaportal.com that is a great portal to access from your Treo. It links you to WAP friendly sites that are faster and easier to display.
    Doesn't data use less bandwidth than voice? What get's me is that people use data for mainly SMS and IM, which saves voice calls. Yet these providers overcharge for their data. You'd think they would want people to use the data more instead of voice. I guess it's much like CDs and DVDs. The product can be sold for 80x more than it costs.
    Use Sprint with the $5.00 Free and Clear America option, it basically allows you to make up to 50% of your calls off-network. You can use Verizon's network when your can't get a sprint signal. I don't think you'll be able to use the data network, but it gives you the most complete voice coverage.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by pattjin
    Use Sprint with the $5.00 Free and Clear America option, it basically allows you to make up to 50% of your calls off-network. You can use Verizon's network when your can't get a sprint signal. I don't think you'll be able to use the data network, but it gives you the most complete voice coverage.

It's funny how you say this because i was thinking the exact same thing and was wondering if i really would pick up good coverage with This sprint plan. I think this is what i will probably be doing.
    With Verizons data cost i wonder how many people would really be willing to switch, to me the data cost is way out of hand.

Thanks
    1. LOVE GOD WITH ALL OUR HEART, SOUL, MIND, AND STRENGTH. 2. AND LOVE OUR NEIGHBOR AS OUR SELF. (even when it's tough, This is Perfection).
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12