1.    #1  
    anyone try this one out? it looks discreet and slick. not too techy-looking. supposedly good audio and blocks background noise very well. anyone with any experience with it? thanks!
    I have one but have trouble with it.

The prong does not stay inserted fully into the audio port on the bottom of the Treo. I find that when using it I have to keep my finger pressing on the prong to keep it fully in the audio port or the person on the other end of my call can not hear me.

I'm guessing this wouldn't be a problem if I used my audio adapter in conjunction with the headset, but am not 100% sure.
    Yeah, it doesn't fit well in the socket...I ran into trouble with it short circuting the unit and dropping calls. Then I tried to cut a ring around the plastic so that it could fit deeper, but then the innards were exposed and performance decreased...no good IMHO
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Well I'm at least glad to see it wasn't just me.
  5.    #5  
    shoot I ordered one! better cancel it. would u recommend a shure quiet boom headset instead?
    Only use the Quietspot if you have a Sprint handset, its horrible on GSM phones for outgoing quality even though incoming voice quality is great.....its too bad

The Boom is the best, but expensive, I also liked the Treo high performance headset because it fits the socket well

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

I bought The BOOM too but ended up sending it back.

It wouldn't properly stay in my ear.
    I bought the Jabra autowinder earpiece which has the microphone built onto the earpiece. It fits great and sound quality is fine. I had the same problem as you with the plug. I just got an exacto knife (very sharp and thin) and made a relief cut around the plug first, leaving a 1-2 mm thick ring, then just cut or pulled it off. The plug fits fine now.
  9.    #9  
    ive noticed a few others that caught my attention. the plantronics m150 looks good. the plantronics m130 is another option. you can find these in the treocentral store. what do you think of these? thanks a bunch, guys!
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    I bought The BOOM too but ended up sending it back.

It wouldn't properly stay in my ear.
    wow... thats a shame. i was looking into getting the boom actually. and for $49.00!? fitwise, sounds like it was really awkward and hard to clip onto the ear with one hand.. is that true? if so.. ill pass too. im looking for a great sounding headset thats easy to clip to the ear with one hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    wow... thats a shame. i was looking into getting the boom actually. and for $49.00!?
    The Boom is $149.
    maybe treobk has an opportunity for a discount that he/she would like to PM me about .....if so, do so pleaaassseeee...hopefully, Lgreenberg's ears are normal and mine are perfectly deformed so that the Boom fits ;-)

13.    #13  
    oh my mistake. the shure quietspot is $49.00. the boom is $149. i mistakenly switched the costs of the two. i would certainly have pm'd you, 100th monkey, about a discount if i had one. you guys are very helpful. but i misquoted the price of the boom. sorry about that
    no problem, if you have a CDMA treo you can get a quietspot for about 30 USD on eBay

The Jabra EarWave Boom is excellent, the best headset that I have tried. I bought the version for Samsung phones and the answer/end button works well on my Treo 600.

It fits my Sprint Treo PERFECTLY no trimming required.

Jabra makes "The Boom" and "EarWave Boom" The Boom requires trimming and is not that great for the Treo, but the EarWave Boom is their newer headset and the plug fits the Treo like a glove.

I bought it for $16.00 on Ebay
  16.    #16  
    so you have had a consistently high quality experience with the jabra earwave boom?
    well i cancelled my order for one, but my options are open. ive seen the plantronics m130 and m150, as well as the seidio 2 in 1 retractable headsets.
    im basically looking for a very high audio quality ( on both ends of the call ) headset that is fairly discreet.
    i like the 2 in 1 idea but ive got one already and am not crazy about it. phone mode is not that great. mp3 mode is fine. also, after a decent amount of wear, the wires pull out of the main lapel clip, causing sound to come in and out. so no good.
    so far one against and one for the jabra earwave. the boom, while pricey is good but isnt always stable.
    what is the concensus on plantronics headsets? thanks a lot, everybody
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    I too have the one made fro Samsung which I bought because someone on here said it was good. Works great and fits in the bottom correctly as well. Only complaint I have is it doesn't ring in the ear piece when you get a new call, but that is a Treo 600 issue, not the headset.