Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Does the Treo 600 support 1 GB SD cards?
    IT'S NOT A DAMN BLACKBERRY!....
    I heard is does, but 1gb card are expensive right now, 512mb are at a good price right now.I would wait a little longer for the price to go down.
    It is always amazing that we all run out of space eventually.

I remember when, as a Palm Vx user I would always try to find space. I had to resort to clearing unused apps or junk accumulated from Advantgo and other apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by djraw

Yes, perfectly. I've got a Sandisk 1GB card, with no problems whatsoever.

I should mention that, since buying the card, I've heard about more problems with Sandisk (not specific to 1GB cards), than I've heard about with Lexar or Panasonic. I really don't know if this annecdotal data is meaningful or not.

Pete
    Quote Originally Posted by djraw

Yes it does....

Now the real question to ask: Has anyone here using a 2 GB SD card on their Treo yet?!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    ^^with 1gb of storage, what did you guys actually install in the card?!
    Quote Originally Posted by wolwol
    ^^with 1gb of storage, what did you guys actually install in the card?!

You kiddng right? On my measely 512 MB card, I already have 450+ individual applications (via zlauncher) which does not include over the 100+ ebooks, 50+ Mp3's, ~90 Roms, 3-4 mpg and Kinoma vids, various audio recordings, Movierec recordings, dozens of documents, hundreds of scaled images, several mapopolis maps, inumerable med texts, backup sets, and etc etc...

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    On my measely 512 MB card, I already have 450+ individual applications (via zlauncher) which does not include over the 100+ ebooks ...
    100+ ebooks? You better start reading.

I have a 256 MB card and wish I had a lot more room. Backup sets, program files, a few databases, and a limited number of mp3's eat up the memory fast.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    100+ ebooks? You better start reading.

More than half are actually emedicine texts, references, converted pdf's and etc. I also forgot to mention the mutlitude to mobileDB DB's and etc...but you get the point!

Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    It is always amazing that we all run out of space eventually.

I remember when, as a Palm Vx user I would always try to find space. I had to resort to clearing unused apps or junk accumulated from Advantgo and other apps.
    When I was deciding whether to buy a Palm V (2 MB) or a Palm IIIx (4 MB), I agonized whether I would be happy with 2 MB of memory, or if I needed 4 MB in the IIIx. I finally settled on the Palm V's 2 MB limit. I would never need more than that, right?
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!