Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I've seen in posts that if the piece that goes into the Treo is plugged into the phone, the phone will not ring with incoming calls (ie, it's heard only in the earpiece). Is there a way to configure the phone so it DOES ring?

I'm considering using this in the car instead of a carkit (which may or may not ever get done right). But I'd like to only put the earpiece on if I actually need to make or answer a call, and would therefore need to hear the phone ring. Thanks.
  2. dhl
    I have an Unleash and the phone rings just fine with the dongle plugged in.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Thanks much.... are you overall happy with it?...Any major issues?
  4. dhl
    very pleased overall. The headset is light and comfortable and sounds good on both ends. I really like the battery powered charging case and never needing to plug-in to recharge. Only thing I sometimes wish for is greater range when the phone isn't in my pocket, and the dongle is a minor inconvenience. But until there's a Treo with built-in bluetooth, this is a great way to go.
    it only rings on the phone. I wish there was a setting to make it ring in the headset.
    I just got my Unleash and love it. Sound quality is excellent and unit is very light weight. Button on ear piece does pick up phone calls and Treo still rings with dongle/receiver plugged in. Only issue to date is finding the right spot on my ear for total comfort and stability. Just haven't used it enough yet.

Finally, treo600 coupon works again on the ordering page.
    I'm sending my Unleash back from whence it came. The design seems kinda dopey to me (but maybe that's just me). Here's just a couple things that seem to really bug me about it:

1. I (like most guys) carry my Treo in a holster on my belt. The dongle that attaches to the headset jack doesn't have a clip on it -- so it just hangs there on its little bungee cord, supported only by its connection to the headset jack. Not a good arrangement.

2. Being so far down in the FM range, you start getting interference from other magnetic fields. The darned things are EVERYWHERE -- and YES, they do interfere.

3. Because of #2, the sound quality really suffers. It always sounds staticy to me. I'd much rather talk directly on the Treo or via the included speakerphone.

4. Why would a manufacturer include a charging case with no means to connect it to AC power? Yes, that's right -- there is no DC adapter for this thing. I like the idea of portability (don't get me wrong). But I dislike the idea of being dependent on AA cells to recharge my headset.

5. I never could get the headset to conform to the shape of my ear (no, they're not square -- though they might be a bit smaller than the default adjustment). I played with this thing for hours trying to get a good snug fit, but alas it ain't happening.

My advise? Don't waste your money. There are other alternatives out there. I intend on trying them out until I find something worth the money. This one definitely wasn't.

Just my 2 cents, folks... no vendetta against Reason. Just disliked the way this one was designed.

On the plus side, their default shipping of 2-day air had the product to me very quickly which I DID appreciate...

Thanks...
    -C
    I attach the dongle to my phone which I find much more usefull than a belt clip. Why someone would want to render the "palm" portion of the phone useless by tethering it to thier hip is beyond me. That fact that there was no belt clip, thus allowing me to attach it to my phone with velcro was the number one reason I decided to try it.

I guess we all have different needs. Thankfully there are lots of products.
    Good luck and let us know if you find a better one for us to try.