Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Has anybody purchased an SD FM Radio card to listen to FM radio on their Treo? Any recommendations for devices I should look at?
    I would kill for one, just for those NPR driveway moments. Right now I keep a ballpoint pen/radio in my purse, but that's one more set of headphones to carry around.
    Quote Originally Posted by mattmcg
    Has anybody purchased an SD FM Radio card to listen to FM radio on their Treo? Any recommendations for devices I should look at?

I believe PalmOne sells a FM SDIO card as an accessory. I've seen them at Compusa actually. The problem is that the Treo600's antenna gets in the way!

Quite frankly, I think it might be easier to just grab a cheapo radio transmitter from Radio Shack for like $5-10 bucks. It will be cheaper and you won't have to worry about removing your storage expansion card. Also, you always just stream shoutcast audio via Ptunes...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    The problem with Ptunes and shoutcast is that I can't get the radio station I want. If I just want random music that's great, but if I want to finish listening to a specific broadcast, I'm hosed.
    Has anyone tried to remove the antenna "cap" before using this FM radio SD card?, I understand that the external piece of the antenna is more a "cosmetic" thing than anything really effective
    Joan López i Graupera
    Barcelon@ - Catalonia
    can anyone post a picture of that alleged fm receiver?
    I think NPR is on a shoutcast station? I am wrong on that one? I see lots of NPR in Winamp when I look at the Internet Radio stations?
    Any SD cards with AM and FM? I do not get listening to the radio over the web on my Treo. Would that not cost a lot? Useing up your minutes?

SPG
    FM AND AM is important for me, too. I want to be able to hear the Lakers play.