Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Instead of paying $250.00 for an SD card to hold tunes, I downloaded shoutcast (free) and turned my home pc (that's always on anyway b/c I have a camsite) into my own radio station. I'm in the process of converting all my CDs into MP3's. Now, when I want to listen, I just 'tune in' with PTunes! I have unlimited data, so it was a very inexpensive alternative for me while I wait for the media to come down in price. It's only 24 bit and mono, but at this point in time, it's worth it to me now that I'm doing more outside and I'd like to have my music with me. Now my members can hear what I'm listening to also!
    Sorry if this setup has already been mentioned..

I love technology.

http://rsmusic.redirectme.net:8000
    This has been discussed but you're right...pretty neat use of tech.

Another interesting project is use Palm VNC to remote control an iBook (or pc for that matter) connected to a home stereo. Change your tunes from anywhere in the house (or country, etc.).

Agreeing with your premise, I personally think that every dime spent toward buying a 'large capacity' sd card for music on the treo should be saved for a purchase of an iPod anyway (nothing like being able to easily synch all of your music and be able to listen in lots os different ways.. I have an sd but it is mostly for backup and programs.

I like Pocket tunes but use it for streaming like you do.
    How does that work? You convert your CD's to MP3's and then play them on your own website? But how do you connect to it with Shoutcast?! (sorry I am not a techie but would love to understand how you do this)
    sd cards are not 250 i got my lexar 256MB for 30
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo2660
    Instead of paying $250.00 for an SD card to hold tunes, I downloaded shoutcast (free) and turned my home pc (that's always on anyway b/c I have a camsite) into my own radio station. I'm in the process of converting all my CDs into MP3's. Now, when I want to listen, I just 'tune in' with PTunes! I have unlimited data, so it was a very inexpensive alternative for me while I wait for the media to come down in price. It's only 24 bit and mono, but at this point in time, it's worth it to me now that I'm doing more outside and I'd like to have my music with me. Now my members can hear what I'm listening to also!
    Sorry if this setup has already been mentioned..

I love technology.

http://rsmusic.redirectme.net:8000
    I am 1 of 10, sounds good too! THX
    Would you be able to document the steps to set this up?

Thanks