1.    #1  
    I bought a Treo 180 about 2 years ago which finall died and so I've trying to decide if I should buy a Treo 270 off of E-bay, or get a Treo 600 through the updrage program at T-mobile. I'd _like_ the 600, but it's about $500 vs. a used 270 for more like $200.

So, here's my question for those of you with the 600: Is it really worth the extra money in terms of features and quality? I can't say I really need a built-in camera or having OS 5, but at the same time it sounds like the 600s are built much better than the earlier models.
    go to your tmoble store and play with a 600. they might even have a 270 in there too (sprint stores have both). check it out that way.
    Yes, I've had both and many other phones. The much improved display, faster processor, more memory, SD slot, and third party apps make a huge difference.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by beltho
    I bought a Treo 180 about 2 years ago which finall died and so I've trying to decide if I should buy a Treo 270 off of E-bay, or get a Treo 600 through the updrage program at T-mobile. I'd _like_ the 600, but it's about $500 vs. a used 270 for more like $200.

So, here's my question for those of you with the 600: Is it really worth the extra money in terms of features and quality? I can't say I really need a built-in camera or having OS 5, but at the same time it sounds like the 600s are built much better than the earlier models.
    You didn't ask me, but for what it's worth to you, I've used a 270 since August 2002 and I'm happy enough and decided to pass on the 600. I don't know if anything's changed, but when it came out, the 600 (OS5 problem as I understand) did not support web clipping. That was a non-starter for me. The other important thing is that I did not like the new keyboard (the change was necessary because of the patent infringement suit by RIMM). Less important is that the 600 has the same lo-res screen as the 270, and -having dropped the 270 a few times- I feel safer with the flip cover. By the way, I've never had a problem with the original 270 purchased from Handspring.

Note also that I use the 270 phone and the browser all day, but also use an iPaq 2210 and a Samsung E715 eves and weekends. I did and do want an improved single keyboard-based device. For me, the 600 wasn't it. Good luck on your choice.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    The real clencher for me to upgrade was constant taunting...

As you can see by my signature I had both a T300 and a Samsung I300. I would walk into work, my phone would ring, and the people that I worked with would instantly pick up something to mock me with.

I was nomally a CD jewel case with the old Treo.

At times it was a brick, a Dell Optiplex G1, or a cinderblock when it came to the I300.

Whats the moral to my story? The T600 is just flat out a better phone -- which is pretty much the REAL function of the unit, correct? It just doesnt feel like a tugboat pressed to my ear, or something that will eat my head.

PLUS when the T660 comes out in 2-3 months, you can always scalp it on the eBay and get the new one.
    My only complaint would be the whisper quiet ring and the feeble vibrator. Don't expect to get your calls in even a slightly noisy environment. Other than that it's a fantastic gadget.
    Gregg G. - New Orleans, LA
    Treo 700p on Sprint
    Just to clarify, the 600 may be low-res but it's smaller so it appears slightly better (slightly more dense pixels). More importantly it much much brighter and has better color response than the 270. Not to mention much faster refresh.

Of course the current Palm screens put it to shame (except for brightness). But having owned and used both, I can tell you it's not the same display by a long shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodolfo
    snip... Less important is that the 600 has the same lo-res screen as the 270, and -having dropped the 270 a few times- I feel safer with the flip cover. ...snip
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    You mean, if I am happy to use it as a phone, with the ease of creating SMS using the keyboard, with its melodious MIDI ringtones for specific callers, or using my SD card to use it as MP3 player, or the various games I play with it, or the tons of books I was able to put into my SD card so I can do research, study, and create a document on the phone, or the camera that allowed me to rehash my photography skills (though not as pretty as real pro cameras), not to say the regular organizer that came with it, or the ability to read emails while on the field and actually be able to reply back, or/and the wonderful form factor?