Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Hello,

Doing some shopping for cases and was wondering if this case might exist. I haven't seen it yet.

The case I have in mind is like the Treo Leather pouch case http://store.treocentral.com/accesso...ew.php?a_id=10 or the CoverTec horizontal case http://store.treocentral.com/accesso...ew.php?a_id=19 but instead of loading it from the top, I'm hoping to load it from the front and have a magnetic snap closure that wraps from the back around to the front to secure it in place.

So to remove the phone, you would unsnap the magnetic snap and flip the leather strap forward (assuming it's on your belt on your right side). Then grasp the top and bottom of the phone and slide it forward to pull the phone out. To put it back in, you would just slide it in (with screen facing out or in) and snap the magnetic snap closed. Quick and easy.

Seems that there are a few benefits to this design over the two mentioned above:
    1. It's good for right handed people.
    2. It allows the screen to face toward the body versus out with the two cases mentioned above.
    3. A more natural enter/exit motion for quick retrieval and storage.
    4. The antenna with the screen facing in would be toward the bottom, allowing a move comfortable position while bending or leaning over.

I'm hoping something like this exists!

M
    I use a covortec horizontal case and the screen faces my body...it works great. My co-worker does the same thing and he loves it to!
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Treo-mike... Do you wear the case on your left? Are you right handed?
    How snug is the the fit of the horz. covertec?

I'm wondering if having set of e-grips would hamper pulling the treo easily out of the covertec...

thanks for the info

-r.
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treo-mike
    I use a covortec horizontal case and the screen faces my body...it works great. My co-worker does the same thing and he loves it to!
    I have the same case. I went thru a couple of different cases until I found this case for the Treo. I used one similar for my nokia. I love it but would like it if Palmone got rid of the antenna. Just my opinion.

I wear the case on my right side.
    I wear the case on my left...and I am left handed...co-worker wears it on right and is right handed. Yes the case is quite snug...I don't think you could (or would want to) use e-grips.