Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    As the saying goes, miradu, "Balderdash!".

Here's my first post on this thread-deviant Subject:

-- http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...9&postcount=34

Note that:
    Protecting our users from a possible fraudulent auction by using our collected IP addresses surely fits the idea that we are protecting our users needs.
    is part and parcel of that first post.

You want to rid the board of someone you think is worth ridding the board of for whatever reason including protecting your users?

Go for it!

You want to publically correlate two IDs that may be used on some other nonTreoCentral message boards using information that isn't public but is privy to TreoCentral ONLY then DON'T DO IT! Just KEEP YOUR FINGERS OFF THE KEYBOARD!

Pretty simple, eh?
    Anybody else tired of this person. On and on and on. He's like the energizer bunny.
    Poor Kookums.

Here:

-- http://discussion.treocentral.com/pr...hp?do=editlist

Just for you!

Try it! You'll like it!
    kookums?
    poor troll
    oh well, without it, this forum will be too plain
    right on, miradu!!!!
    I haven't read this thread for a while (been away)... I don't see why this has turned into such a big deal. I told you guys I was in no way affiliated with mps232. when you accussed me I backed away to let it settle and it keeps going. I am not the most internet saavy (do not know how to mess with my IP address). But if you can tell what my IP address is right now you must have a couple minutes on your hand.

As human beings let things be, cause I agree that privacy should not be infringed upon by people who sit at a computer all day just looking to stir things up.

You can never be sure who really is who they say they are on the internet. That is a risk we take, but for all means, you must respect an individuals rights to privacy.

When i bought that auction it was right after the first post so I tried it. The list I received has worked for me, so don't jump at me for conspiring.
    Please do not respond with channel 10 investigative reporting answers.
    Also I am selling Bill Clinton's signed memoirs on ebay at... Just Kidding... gotta keep a sense of humor especially when I am defending myself over an internet forum.

Please no more spiteful comments towards me or who I am, cause if I wanted that I would host a Treo talkshow as opposed to posting here.
    Thanks for hopefully having an open ear this time.
    Everyone is innocent till proven guilty. However, there are so many scams going on at eBay these days that it is prudent to be a bit more cautious. When a deal sounds too good to be true, it is usually not ture.

I am glad to hear that you find the list useful. I, for one, will not be a buyer.
    Thanks Rome,
    I agree with internet/ebay scams. Sometimes you try your luck and sometimes it works out.
    thanks for having an open and impartial ear as that is all I was looking for on this forum. i can finally sleep. lunch break!
    Postman, you have incredible guts to come back here and play innocent. Maybe you are not capable of understanding the concept, but you and your alterego posted from the same IP address. If you will read Miradu's post, you will realize that this indicts you with just slightly less than 100% certainty. That and your failure to even slightly change your pattern of diction... "it's werkin for me..." tells anyone who cares that you two are one in the same. Sellings lists such as yours is borderline at best; trying to decieve in the manner you have tried is even worse. Neither eBay nor the FBI Internet Fraud division approve of this sort of thing. Keep that in mind. And don't even consider hiding behind the "innocent until proven guilty" thing. You HAVE been proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt by Miradu. Why don't you go post somewhere else?
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=SeldomVisitor]BTW - my IP address changes every once in awhile and my ISP reassigns the IP address I had to another user (since we're cable connected). I wonder if another user on my ISP could have an interest in TreoCentral - it IS the biggest, afterall.

Nah..."

[\QUOTE]

I would be hard pressed to calculate the odds of 2 people frequenting a single site and start posting at roughly the same time and not knowing each other, being part of the same cable service. Yeah, it could happen, but highly unlikely.

Just my 2 cents

rob
    Last edited by RobM; 07/13/2004 at 12:15 PM.
    Dalai
    In all honesty you need to stop coming back with points that are not FACTS. If you do not have facts, only theories, it is not fair to attack me like you have. And it is not hard or take "guts" to come post here - it is the internet as I said before. (quoting others is tasteless in an arguement)

If you still think you are McGyver, call the FBI and see what happens cause I am sure they would love to uncover this deep dark mystery that you have pulled me into because I wrote one sentence saying a phone number worked.

You're postings and coming back at me and others has given this discussion more hits than it deserves in a lifetime.

I could post somewhere and run and hide, but I have done nothing wrong.
    I have always enjoyed the posts in this forum in helping me with troubleshooting, etc and will continue to use them.
    Please no more attacks.
    Then no more eBay scams. I will alert eBay to this situation. No doubt they have better things to do, but they don't like scams either.
    It truly amazes me to what lengths folks will engage in bashing, yelling, stomping thier feet, etc... to try and prove thier point (valid or not). There has been more traffic on this post about privacy and users being caught at something they were not supposed to be doing in the first place, than there has been constructive information about the new ACE unit coming out.

Nobody will ever change anybody elses mind in these types of posts. So why waste time, effort and elevated BPs to continually bang one's head into the wall. Let's all grow up a little and stick to the original reason why we frequent these forums; to share and obtain information on things we are interested in.

Let it go........... Life is way too short.
    Thanks,

np
    Quote Originally Posted by nickp
    It truly amazes me to what lengths folks will engage in bashing, yelling, stomping thier feet, etc... to try and prove thier point (valid or not). There has been more traffic on this post about privacy and users being caught at something they were not supposed to be doing in the first place, than there has been constructive information about the new ACE unit coming out.

Nobody will ever change anybody elses mind in these types of posts. So why waste time, effort and elevated BPs to continually bang one's head into the wall. Let's all grow up a little and stick to the original reason why we frequent these forums; to share and obtain information on things we are interested in.

Let it go........... Life is way too short.

There has been a lot of discussion on the ACE. All that's known can be summed up in a couple of paragraphs. Do a search and you'll find it . But seriously...aren't you being hipocritical by chiming in?
    I was actually searching for info on the new ACE when this thread caught my attention. I don't feel I am being hypocritical by contributing my sole opinion, and this will be the last input I have unless it is ACE related.

Thanks for the input on the ACE and the minimal info available. Hopefully as the magic date nears, it will turn out to be as exciting as folks are anticipating.

Have a good one !!
    Thanks,

np
    There has been more traffic on this post about privacy and users being caught at something they were not supposed to be doing in the first place, than there has been constructive information about the new ACE unit coming out.

I tend to agree, believe it or not. Nick, I'm glad you don't get upset at someone trying to scam the members of the board. Maybe my uncharacteristic ire was raised by my disappointment. We all want to get instant gratification concerning the new Ace, and PostScamMan offered this to us. I want Bluetooth to work, too. Things would have died quickly without SV chiming in about privacy with an invalid argument.

Yes, we got off the topic of the Ace, and this is far from a productive discussion. Probably best to let it drop. But, scammers beware: Miradu and Dalai are watching YOU!
    Yes, I agree back to the ACE. I'll chime in on something I haven't seen any comments on. Have you noticed the screen isn't square, it's rectangular like the Tungsten T3 when closed. It's also been said that it based on Garnet (5.4). This leads me to believe that it's likely to have a toolbar at the bottom like the T3 (and screenshots I've seen of Cobalt OS6). If that's true then I'd also expect additions like the PIM apps on the T3 with new datebook today view and more fields for contacts. Seems likely if they are upgrading the OS as said, and one thing to get excited about!

I want my Bluetooth NOW!
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    By the request of postman, and my own common sense, I am closing this thread. What has needed to have been discussed has been gone over, we do not need to dwell on it further.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234