Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Notice the similarity in the way the two, um, gentlemen phrase their posts:

Postman So, I thought I had to give this a try. I bid on an auction...
    mps232 So i was checkin out this ebay auction the other day and i bid on this auction bout the treo

Listen, pal, give it a rest. You are caught red handed, busted. You are trying to scam us, and the idiotic ruse of posting as someone else without even trying to sound different is just pitiful. Get off the board until you have something other than a scam to contribute.

I dont want to get involved so please leave my name out of this so I do not have to get a new name. This board is the devil, there are more things to life than cell phones and talking robots.
    While I cannot confirm that this board is the devil, I can confirm that Postman and mps232 shared (at one point) the same IP address. So they most likely are one and the same person. Good Work Dalai Lama.

mp232 - I don't care if you want to advertise your ebay auctions - we have a forum called marketplace for that, but do not try to trick our users into buying your "list". We require some level of truthfulness on this forum. I've removed your ebay link in the first post.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Let's hear it for Miradu! Thanks for dealing with this garbage. It wasn't too difficult to penetrate Postman's true identity, and I appreciate the confirmation. After the Bluetooth fiasco, I don't trust anybody coming up with a miraculous "find" such as this.....
    Nice detective work Dalai Lama and Miradu.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Dalai Lama for President of TREO CENTRAL. :-D
    Aw, shucks, guys, you are all TOO kind! I'll settle for "Spiritual Leader and Supreme Beta Tester of TreoCentral"!!!
    Way to go Dalai Lama. How about a free and democratic Tibet for you?
    I think I am more likely to get a free Treo Ace from PalmOne than a free Tibet, but it's a nice thought....
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalai Lama
    I think I am more likely to get a free Treo Ace from PalmOne than a free Tibet
    LOL
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalai Lama
    Notice the similarity in the way the two, um, gentlemen phrase their posts:

Listen, pal, give it a rest. You are caught red handed, busted. You are trying to scam us, and the idiotic ruse of posting as someone else without even trying to sound different is just pitiful. Get off the board until you have something other than a scam to contribute.

1235AM in a wet DC Metro. Dalai, you got my vote! Good Work!
    Ibrahim B.

Kyo PDQ - Kyo 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo -650 (2) & now the Palm Pre. Will keep my BB World Phone Sprint
    I love this! Who knew I could come to this forum for a real-life crime drama (CSI:Treocentral)? Great work, people!

- hoju
    way to go, dalai lama! what a great way to take this guy to the cleaners!

i think i hear postman/ powersale guy being flushed down the toilet.

watch out down there, postman, the devil is in the details!
    Quote Originally Posted by miradu
    While I cannot confirm that this board is the devil, I can confirm that Postman and mps232 shared (at one point) the same IP address. So they most likely are one and the same person...
    That information is literally none of TreoCentral's readership's business.

Would you also like to reveal how that poster voted in some of those poll's?

[nah - I don't care that much, however Privacy is Privacy. Once broken a potential flood of privacy violations threatens. TreoCentral staff, IMHO, should simply have stayed out of this entirely. TreoCentral can eliminate multiple IDs from the same IP address - they don't need to publically reveal that they have done so, however.]
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    That information is literally none of TreoCentral's readership's business.
    ... in your opinion. Others may not agree.
    Japan often debuts tech stuff from their own companies before it hits here. And some of the stuff seems long in coming---because there is some difference in culture and usage. Everyone is not as enamored of cell phones as the Japanese evidently are.

BUT I'd say it is impossible that anyone from the USA, i.e., PalmOne, is going to debut their OWN technology in Japan before releasing it here, in the home market.
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    Seldom,

I really wonder why you are here. You don't own a Treo. You don't like the Palm OS. You don't think the Treo 600 is a great or even "good" PDA/Phone. You don't like the way this board is moderated. What the hell do you like about Treocentral? I think you need to go home so we can get on enjoying what you so obviously dislike.
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
    Darn, SV, why did you have to rain on my parade???

Actually, your point is valid to a degree. However, I think Miradu feels an obligation and desire to keep things on the up and up. His intervention was necessary to remove credibility from "Postman" and protect the more innocent users from a scam. Would you rather he sat back and let his readers fall for this trash? How else should he have handled the situation? He had to prove that the two posters were one and the same, and we all know our IP's are being monitored. Big deal.

I think the devil on TreoCentral is SV; the devil's advocate, that is, and I'm glad he's here.
    No, if TreoCentral cares enough they can eliminate the poster(s). Revealing ANY information that isn't generally public however should not only NOT be done but should be internal policy for all TreoCentral staff AND should be in their privacy policy as well.

It is trivial to say nothing 0- tht is what they (or rather, he) should have done.

But I don't REALLY care, as I noted. Just something that I believe should be brought up.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTex
    Seldom,

I really wonder why you are here. You don't own a Treo. You don't like the Palm OS. You don't think the Treo 600 is a great or even "good" PDA/Phone. You don't like the way this board is moderated. What the hell do you like about Treocentral? I think you need to go home so we can get on enjoying what you so obviously dislike.
    hmm.. good question posed..
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast