1.    #1  
    I picked this up recently, and it is particularly nice that you can still attach head phones and the sync cable while the battery is on...

Two questions.

1. With the Treo, I was told to top off frequently. IS the same true with the battery? (conversely, with a portable dvd player I just got, I was told to never top off and run down. Life is confusing!!!)

2. When the battery is attached, how does the usage work? Does the extended battery run down first before Treo's own battery is used?
    When you look at a program that gives you a battery level, does it report only Treo's internal battery power available or take into account the extended? (I use Launch'em..)

I guess I'll find the latter questions out by trial and error eventually but...since I'm here anyway...
    If it doesn't have a slot for SDHC--I don't want it. Period.
    In terms of your questions, I have found best use of the extended battery by continuing to top it off. In regard to how usage works, the main Treo battery gets used first and then the extended battery. Unlike the extended battery on the Treo 300, where you could use the extended to charge up the main battery, it is independent on the T600. The best way to check battery level is on the main dialling screen to touch on the battery icon in the upper right screen. If the extended battery is successfully installed, you should see two overlapping battery icons. If you touch on the icons, you will see a window open with both batteries listed and their corresponding percentage charge level.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks--I didn't even notice the dial screen battery icons. I don't particularly like that the Treo internal battery gets used up first. It scares me in terms of data retention, plus using up the life of the internal battery...But c'est la vie.
  4.    #4  
    Note: It does seem to me that the extended battery drains first, as it should, not second.

Also, I find that the icon from the phone app is very tricky---I would check it sometimes and it would have the Ext Batt at 100%. I'd check it a second later and the Ext Bat would be 80%. It doesn't always seem to reflect correct info.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Squires
    Note: It does seem to me that the extended battery drains first, as it should, not second.

Also, I find that the icon from the phone app is very tricky---I would check it sometimes and it would have the Ext Batt at 100%. I'd check it a second later and the Ext Bat would be 80%. It doesn't always seem to reflect correct info.
    The Constant Voltage Charge Circuit lets you know when you have really reached 100% by changing the "Charge Indicator LED" from Red to Green.

Let me know if you still have this "State of Charge" 80% anomaly after using the "Red / Green" method. ~ Carl