1.    #1  
    I cant figure out a way to make lightwav own Email alerts.

Email / mail is not listed under the Treo tab (Heading)

Attaching a sound to the email application under Alarm does not work either.

Anyone achieved this?
    .no sig.
  2.    #2  
    Actually while we are at it.....dont think there is any volume control within lightwav which means stufffing around on the PC reducing the volume till it sounds about right on the Treo.
    .no sig.
    Email alerts are under alarms, you have to pick the program you are using, select the sound and set the ringer to silent from within the email program.
    Quote Originally Posted by wasinaus
    Actually while we are at it.....dont think there is any volume control within lightwav which means stufffing around on the PC reducing the volume till it sounds about right on the Treo.
    Lightwav will not work with email clients only works with snappermail 1.8, 1.9 and visto.

as for volume lightwav uses the sound prefs in the Phone app.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    Lightwav will not work with email clients only works with snappermail 1.8, 1.9 and visto.

as for volume lightwav uses the sound prefs in the Phone app.

Does Lightwav plan on changing there email alerts to include HSmail support as well as Snappermail support ? I would love to set my HSmail alert to the 'you've got mail' wav file. Anyone know what program can accomplish this
    BUTTERCUP
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    I get a SMS alert everytime I get an email in my main email program or the normal mail ap that came with the Treo Update. Now, it does suck that it makes the same sound as a normal SMS. Is that what everyone one is wanting? something so you can tell the difference of which email you are getting a new one from?
    I don't want to have an SMS alert tell me when there is e-mail. I just want HSmail to alert me when it does its automatic background fetch retrieving mail the regular way. I want to assign a wav to that alert. Lightwav has an option to add a wav sound to email alerts, but above smiley88 said HSmail isn't supported, only Snappermail. No wonder it wasn't working when I tried. I'm now wondering how I can get a wav sound onto my e-mail alerts from HSMail without routing it through a SMS alert. Hope that's more clear
    BUTTERCUP
    BUMP - Smiley, any update or more information on this?

Why doesn't LightWav work with the default email handler on the Treo?
    Bump
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup
    I don't want to have an SMS alert tell me when there is e-mail. I just want HSmail to alert me when it does its automatic background fetch retrieving mail the regular way. I want to assign a wav to that alert. Lightwav has an option to add a wav sound to email alerts, but above smiley88 said HSmail isn't supported, only Snappermail. No wonder it wasn't working when I tried. I'm now wondering how I can get a wav sound onto my e-mail alerts from HSMail without routing it through a SMS alert. Hope that's more clear
    in order to get voice notification we need to hack lwav to get it to work with hsmail and we longer doing hacks.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    in order to get voice notification we need to hack lwav to get it to work with hsmail and we longer doing hacks.
    Voice notification? What does that have to do with email.

I want to play an MP3 instead of the midi that is played when I receive a new mail notification from the default email application.
  12.    #12  
    Yeah Lightwav...why not HS MAIL?
    .no sig.
    Bump, cmon smiley address the question.
  14.    #14  
    ?
    .no sig.
    If you goto Alarms and then set a sound for "Repeat" that sound will play when mail is recieved with the HS mail app

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk
    If you goto Alarms and then set a sound for "Repeat" that sound will play when mail is recieved with the HS mail app
    That doesn't seem to have worked.
    Quote Originally Posted by coryburton
    That doesn't seem to have worked.
    Trying to recreate the posts that got killed by the hard drive failure...

I had posted that YES, this fix did work.

Thanks!
    I have snapper 2.0.3 and lightwav only works sometimes for notfication of mail. Also I have verichat 2.17b and it also behaves the same way. I have set silent in my prefs for all alarms or tones and then used lightwav to set for specific apps. Anyone having the same problems? Verichat used to work flawlessly it seems before my last update of lightwav and as of now, snapper only sometimes gets the idea from lightwav that its supposed to play a mp3 for notification.