1.    #1  
    Has anyone tried connecting the Treo 600 to a car with an AUX port. I am looking at the new Nissan Titan it has a port that can be used to connect IPOD's and such. My question is has anyone tried this on a Nissan or any other vehicle? I'm wondering how the MP3 quality is and if you can use it to listen to phone calls and answer back via the speaker phone?
    Thanks!!!
    Palm Pre
    (formerly TouchPro, iPhone 3G, Curve, 8800, Treo800p, E61, N9300, Treo 700p ,Treo 600, I500, I330, Treo 300, I300, 6035)
    Works on my Alpine.
  3.    #3  
    could you be more specific? How do phone calls work? Thanks for the quick reply.
    Palm Pre
    (formerly TouchPro, iPhone 3G, Curve, 8800, Treo800p, E61, N9300, Treo 700p ,Treo 600, I500, I330, Treo 300, I300, 6035)
    Uses Treo internal mike, plays thru speakers via adapter and cable to aux input.
    One tangential question: has anyone used the aux in jacks in an aftermarket head unit with a Treo? I'd love to be able to plug mine into the 3.5mm jack that some units have on them and use the more powerful speakers.
    Geek.....me????!!!!
    Thanks for the compliment, geeks run the world after all!
    Due to the treo sending a powered signal insted of a none powered most decks will not recongnise it.
    What you can do is get a spliter and hockup a head set in one of them and the other the stereo that will reduce the signal power and the treo/deck will send/receive the corest signa.

Or just use an Irock for less hasle.
    You could consider using the Seidio headset adapter between the Treo and your AUX input: http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...=HME2SVOT%2DSL

I've used it between my Treo and the Irock, giving me a microphone I can clip where I want. It also seems to solve the sound drop-outs I've been getting from the Irock, which I believe is caused by its low impedence (search for a sep. thread on that).

You need to move a switch to answer an incoming call though, but once done, you'd hear the incoming call through your speakers, and can use the microphone built into the seidio to talk.
    What you need is my car kit. See this thread for a review.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=53428

Forget about using the Treo's internal mic in a car speakerphone. It will howl with feedback when the vloumne is turned up and echo on the other end. My car kit provides for an external mic and will do none of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Wirelessness
    Has anyone tried connecting the Treo 600 to a car with an AUX port. I am looking at the new Nissan Titan it has a port that can be used to connect IPOD's and such. My question is has anyone tried this on a Nissan or any other vehicle? I'm wondering how the MP3 quality is and if you can use it to listen to phone calls and answer back via the speaker phone?
    Thanks!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wirelessness
    Thanks!!!
    It works fine in my Nissan Armada (SUV version of the Titan). All you need is a Handspring adaptor and a short cable. Plays MP3's and while you can use the phone, the 'echo' is kind of bad.
    Works with the AUX IN on my Sanyo Deck (aftermarket). Had to use the treo adapter and a 'y'-cable Mini Stereo to RCA.