1.    #1  
    Ok, this feels like a dumb question so probably is.
    I've installed lightwav and want to try out some mp3 files with it.
    I can't for the life of me figure out how to synch files from the desktop machine to the treo 600 using hotsynch.

I can obviously do it for .prc files but I'm sure I've done it with other files in the past ?????

BTW I dont' currently have an SD card in the phone.

Thanks
    Adam.
    You'll have to look at the LightWav manual for the procedure to convert a mp3 to a Palm database file since you don't have a SD card. I believe the procedure is in there. There is a par.exe program included with LightWav that's used to do the conversion, but I don't remember the exact steps.
    Quote Originally Posted by ashepp
    Ok, this feels like a dumb question so probably is.
    I've installed lightwav and want to try out some mp3 files with it.
    I can't for the life of me figure out how to synch files from the desktop machine to the treo 600 using hotsynch.

I can obviously do it for .prc files but I'm sure I've done it with other files in the past ?????

BTW I dont' currently have an SD card in the phone.

Thanks
    Adam.
    Here is how you do it.

1. download lwav and unzip the files
    2. copy par.exe to the c:\ drive
    3. make a folder called Lightwav on the C:\ drive
    4. copy wavConverter.exe to c:\lightwav folder
    5. copy the sound files you want to convert to c:\lightwav folder
    6. run wavConverter.exe
    7. select the sound files in the c:\lightwav folder that you want to convert
    8. after conversion the .pdb file will be saved in c:\lightwav folder
    9. double click on the .pdf file then hotsync

when convert sound files make sure you select Lightwav or PokcetTunes in the radion button. on the treo in lwav make sure you select "always use pocketTunes" in the general prefs.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca