1.    #1  
    Previous viewers will remember that my first replacement had the Network Search problem, and that the second replacement was a Treo 300 instead of 600. Talk about frustrating.

To their credit, this new phone arrived already charged and seemingly already activated, and arrived in two days rather than five. Thanks for trying, Lock/Line.

I'm thinking about testing this for a couple of days without installing ANY software or restoring my files, to see if the memory/network search problems manifest.

I noticed that when I tried to do the last phone, it kept telling me "memory full" when I attempted to get mail or add photos. And, it had all the problems others have reported as far as Network Search. Wonder if the two are somehow related.

And, I wonder if I should create a new username from scratch.
  2.    #2  
    Wow. Just checked and it is, indeed, a refurb.

Someone managed to talk 11307 minutes on this thing since January 8. Is that even possible?

Maybe I don't understand what I'm getting at ##786.
    A new user name would be a super idea.

I've noticed that my Treo runs quite a bit better without a ton of crap on it. Install the programs you need.
    Quote Originally Posted by macfreak
    Wow. Just checked and it is, indeed, a refurb.

Someone managed to talk 11307 minutes on this thing since January 8. Is that even possible?

Maybe I don't understand what I'm getting at ##786.

I use at least 5,00 mins a month on my treo. It depends on what you do for a living.

As for installing your files.... I say install them all!! What good is a $600 device if you cant use it for what you want. If the problem comes back make them replace it. Eventual Palm One will get it right, but it should definately be there problem not yours. However I wouldn't install a bunch of hacks that make the Treo do something it just wasn't designed to do. That would be more your fault.
    You could always just install the stuff you know you'll use often. Use it for a few days and see if there's a problem.
    Slowly add the other stuff you want, but don't neccesarily NEED all the time and use it for awhile.
    Slowly adding more stuff until you either find the problem software, or get all the stuff you want on it.