1.    #1  
    My speaker phone has progressively gotten worse, and since I am under the original warranty, I figure its time to trade in my "original" T600 for a replacement. (I still have the $4.00 a month insurance for after the first year.) I'm hoping that I don't get a reburb phone, but based on the posts here, it doesn't seem to matter much.

Shoud I request a replacement over the phone with *2, or walk into a Sprint store? Any comments or suggestions? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mort
    My speaker phone has progressively gotten worse, and since I am under the original warranty, I figure its time to trade in my "original" T600 for a replacement. (I still have the $4.00 a month insurance for after the first year.) I'm hoping that I don't get a reburb phone, but based on the posts here, it doesn't seem to matter much.

Shoud I request a replacement over the phone with *2, or walk into a Sprint store? Any comments or suggestions? Thanks.
    Don't waste your insurance on that. It's a warranty issue. I replaced mine due to crummy speaker phone. I went in the sprint store and didn't really ask. I was polite but told them it was a know issue on this phone and the quality was unacceptable on a phone of this price. They replaced it with a refurb. I have a problem with that on principle, but I think the reality is a lot of refurbs have undergone more testing with higher standards. I have no proof of that, just my observation with my phone and my wife's and a lot of comments here at treocentral. Both of our refurbs have been excellent.

Good luck!
    My refurb unit has been excellent as well, even with it being a earlier version of hardware (rev.B). In addition, the vibrate function on the phone has been made much stronger. Previously I could never detect the vibrate. Now I can!