1.    #1  
    I just got a replacement Treo 600 2 days ago because I was having no service problems. I noticed today that when the sound in up on a game and on some ringtones that the back speaker gets distorted and makes a buzzing sound. I searched around the board and found some people that mentioned they had this problem too. My last Treo did not do this at all. Should I take it back and try to get another replacement? I figure if you pay $600 for a phone it should be working correctly.

Any advice?

Thanks
    Mine has the same problem. I'd love to hear anyone's thoughts.
    The first Treo I got had this problem also. I found that carefully pushing on the speaker grill in the back a few time, it "seated" something and the buzzing was gone. I think it's an assembly error where the speaker actually touches the back plastic making the buzzing. Pushing on it pushes the speaker back and eliminates the buzzing. You may have to do this a few times to get it to be permanent. It worked for me, and it's faster than getting a replacement.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  4.    #4  
    When I push on the back speaker the buzzing does stop. It has not gone away like yours has though. I am thinking of taking apart my treo to see if I can correct it. Has anyone ever taken their treo apart? I saw a site that showed the four screws that attaches the back. How do I remove the rubber stoppers to get to the screws? Is this a bad idea?
    Last edited by emfletcher; 07/13/2004 at 12:44 PM.
    sure, use a Torx 6...NoBackup made a method some months back and another member made a nice .pdf, although I still love Milan's original pencil and napkin version.

search for buzz fix or something like that. plus, I think that the antena needs to be tightened with some regularity
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
  6.    #6  
    Thanks. I got the picture and the pdf and am going to try it. I read the other posts and people take about the people they are talking too hearing a buzzing. I haven't had this, just a buzz when playing music or rings loud. Does this fix both? Kinda looks like it seeing the foil is also put behind the spearker. Also, can sprint tell if you've opened up your treo?
    I don't know about your particular issue, honestly

Just don't break anything when you open her up
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey