Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    Hello,

    I use several SIM cards with my Treo600, depending on the time of the day. With one SIM card I have free calls during the nights, on another one data calls are very cheap, another one is cheaper during the day... sometimes I get confused: which is the SIM card currently inserted on my phone??? I wrote SIMNotify to solve this problem.

    SIMNotify allows you to save the Phone preferences, including the wallpaper, and attaches it to the IMSI number of you SIM card. You can attach different wallpapers for differents SIM, even a wallpaper when the GSM is turned off. Click the "Enable" checkbox, and that's all: when you will turn on/off the GSM module, your saved preferences will be restored!

    It's freeware, hope that someone will find it useful.

    Please note: won't start on a Sprint version (IMSI not available).

    Download: http://jf.morreeuw.free.fr/treo600/

    Regards.


    Note: If you have downloaded v0.5, please update to v0.6 due to an important bugfix.
    Last edited by JFMw; 07/09/2004 at 04:24 AM.
  2. #2  
    It sound interesting I will download to try it. But I have a questions...

    -Is there a way to have 2 lines into the same SIM card or Treo? and

    -is there a way to have 2 Call history and the best to have a program that tell me how much I spent?
  3.    #3  
    The new release 0.7 release candidate 1, please update to avoid an anoying bug with previous releases.

    - 2 Call history is ok, probably in the next release
    - 2 lines into the same SIM card or Treo... what do you mean?

    Regards, Jean-Francois.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoCharlie
    It sound interesting I will download to try it. But I have a questions...

    -Is there a way to have 2 lines into the same SIM card or Treo? and
    TreoCharlie, technically it is possible, but it has to be supported by your GSM provider. I know for certain that the functionality exists for Orange UK subscribers - some people at http://mytreo.net asked me to write a program, which switches between the two lines of service at specified times and the program works fine, although I still have to find the time to implement weekend mode.
    Did you use Profeo today ?
  5.    #5  
    Oh, I see... Well, if Nachon's program allow you to select the second GSM line, then the IMSI should change. I say 'should': IMSI is used to identify a SIM card on a network and contains the Mobile Subscription Identification Number MSIN, the Mobile Country Code MCC and the Mobile Network Code MNC. The 2 lasts are useful during roaming. Btw, if you change your line, you change your identity, so you should have 2 different IMSI. In this case, SIMNotify will see virtually 2 different SIM cards I believe. Best would be to try...

    Let me know, regards.

    Quote Originally Posted by nachon
    TreoCharlie, technically it is possible, but it has to be supported by your GSM provider. I know for certain that the functionality exists for Orange UK subscribers - some people at http://mytreo.net asked me to write a program, which switches between the two lines of service at specified times and the program works fine, although I still have to find the time to implement weekend mode.
  6. #6  
    JFMw:

    This looks very nice. I think even more people would be interested in it as a flight mode indicator, as you show on your web page. I suggest you post something advertising it as such.

    I'm sure you'll get MANY requests to make that part of it usable on the non-GSM (CDMA) versions of the Treo.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    JFMw:

    This looks very nice. I think even more people would be interested in it as a flight mode indicator, as you show on your web page. I suggest you post something advertising it as such.

    I'm sure you'll get MANY requests to make that part of it usable on the non-GSM (CDMA) versions of the Treo.
    Alas, no...
  8. #8  
    I was intrigued by your multiple SIM cards...can you tell me which ones you use for what? most interested in data ones...how you store them and where you store them...thanks
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by darwin100
    I was intrigued by your multiple SIM cards...can you tell me which ones you use for what? most interested in data ones...how you store them and where you store them...thanks
    I'm not sure that I understand your question. SIM cards are about just little plastic tabs that you put on a phone to identify yourself on a phone network. I have a personal phone, a professional phone, and my wife's. Alas, I have only one Treo600, so sometimes I swap the SIM cards. When a SIM card is not in the Treo600, well... it's on another non-Treo phone (that is not exactly true: my non-Treo is indeed a Treo180!).

Posting Permissions