1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I'm looking for an app which will allow me to enter the APR%, fixed monthly repayment in $ terms and the total number of months repayments will be made and the app will calculate the max value of the loan which can be made against that profile.

There are plenty of apps which allow you to enter how much you wnat to borrow and will work out the Total Repaid but I need the opposite. In my busines people will pay a fixed 'X' amount for an asset or product and want to pay 'Y' number of monthly payments. Within that scenario I need a tool which will allow me to work out the cost of finance (using current rrates) to determine whether the equivalent cash value is worth doing the deal or not.

Obviously I'd like to have this as a Palm app for my Treo but right now even a windoze desktop app would do the trick.

Really hope someone out there can point me in the right direction.

Thanks

John
    Ko Samet beach & a Treo650 - the perfectly connected stress free office
    John,

Have you checked out the built-in calculator in financial mode?
    I have been using Loan Wizard Pro by Mindweave for a couple of years now. It will let you solve for any missing parameter. It also shows an amortorization schedule after the calculation is made.

Let me know what you think of it.
    I forgot to mention that its for Palm OS
    Quote Originally Posted by nobodyspecial
    John,

Have you checked out the built-in calculator in financial mode?
    Exactly - it's all built-in to the Treo 600.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad