1.    #1  
    Hi,
    I am using Phone Technician 0.51. After a recent re-install I have problems with the ringers: if a phone call comes in the default Treo ringer AND the technician ringer (MP3) go off in parallel. Any idea?

I have another "problem" with PhoneTechnician and Butler: As a developer I reset my device very frequently. Unfortunately Phone Technician and Butler tend to loose the registration information from time to time. confusedvorlon: is there anything you can do on that? Thanks.

Ciao,
    gagga
    Hi There,

re the ringing - go into the sound prefs and turn phone ring vol to none. Turn off the vibrate options as well.
    (next version of PT does this for you each call)

re the registration - it shouldn't be lost unless you delete and re-install. They won't register after repeated resets though - this is to stop the reset loop of doom scenario.
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    Phone Technician never worked for me. mp3 files woudn't play, and midi ringers would play instead. also...when the phone did ring, only the first note of the midi rang (and repeated) and i was unable to answer the phone because my treo froze.
    uninstalled, soft reset/hard reset, reinstalls didn't do anything. But as soon as i uninstalled phone technician, things worked swimmingly.
    why?
    Not sure why the problem - but remember Phone technician is still in beta with a bug warning on the palmgear page.

I am working to make it more stable and reliable.
    Hobbyist Software
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I had a similar issue to giggity in that mine would only play a few seconds. I found that if I set the "repeat every" value to something higher (mines now on 30) it would play much more of my mp3s.

On another note, confusedvorlon, with this being a BETA app, are you accepting bug/feature requests? I don't want to annoy you if not, but if you are, what method would you prefer we use for this purpose?

BTW, I LOVE this program. I wanted a simple MP3 ringer option and this was just perfect and the price was perfect as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by tlphipps
    On another note, confusedvorlon, with this being a BETA app, are you accepting bug/feature requests? I don't want to annoy you if not, but if you are, what method would you prefer we use for this purpose?
    I always appreciate bug reports and feature requests!
    Hobbyist Software
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    OK. Here goes...

Three things I've noticed that I would classify as bugs:

1. When the phone starts ringing and the MP3 starts playing, pressing the side volume buttons does not mute the ringing.

2. When on a call and another call comes in, the MP3 starts playing. This can be rather annoying when you're in the car and can't readily look down at the phone to hit the ignore button.

3. When you "preview" the ringer it only plays a second or so of the MP3. Sometimes you can't hear anything (although I think that might be because the MP3 starts with a second or so of silence).

Thanks again for a great program.