1.    #1  
    I am trying to import all the numbers on my sim card to my contacts on my treo 270 but don't want to copy them. Anyone know how to do that?
    OMG... I did this the long way... wrote all the name/number on a piece of paper and retyped everything into contacts. if there is a shortcut to do this, then my hat goes off to you!
    Quote Originally Posted by viento2003
    I am trying to import all the numbers on my sim card to my contacts on my treo 270 but don't want to copy them. Anyone know how to do that?
    I also want to do this. Have you had any response yet?
  4.    #4  
    no can't figure this out.
    to get my ~200 numbers on the SIM card I need to go to an application (SIM Book) that takes ~15 seconds to start, EVERY TIME YOU ACCESS IT! and the only way to backup these numbers is to copy them to the speed dial and then copy/paste them to the contact list. Ugh!

and also - there's no easy way to save numbers that you just dialed, or that are in the call log. you need to, again, copy / paste them. 7 steps instead of 2 with every other cellphone.
    The SIM card phone book is read using the SIM Book application. You can dial directly or move numbers and names back and forth from the speed dials/Address Book of the Treo

There is an App that lets you import them I don't remember the name but Ill look for it and let you know where to go
    What you can try is use another phone which is infrared capable... transmit all numbers from the phone using the sim and then tranfer the sim to your treo...its convoulted but you dont have to type the names all over again. If theres an app that does the same let me know too.
    Insert the SIM in a SIM reader or another model of phone which can be backed up to your PC. Then export it from that application into a CSV or similar file which you can import into Palm Desktop. Hotsync, and there you are.

If the above sounds hard, a lot of phone repair places can probably help as they do exactly that process when changing peoples' phone handsets.