Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Today's free book at ereader: Little Women
    Quote Originally Posted by zackz
    gotot ereader.com, click on spectacular tab, on the bottom

ok, i've found the free book but when I try to check out it stops me saying that there is no point to proceed to check out because I have a zero quantity. Even though I have added the free book to my cart. I guess it's reading the zero balance and doesn't let me check out.

anyone else have this problem with DL the free ebook?
    Bradward,

You just have to click on the name of the title and on the new page under the name there should be a download button.
    Well...today's free app is Applock, which retails for $15. Haven't tried it yet on my Treo 600. I'll see if I find it more useful then OnlyMe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenzytom
    Well...today's free app is Applock, which retails for $15. Haven't tried it yet on my Treo 600. I'll see if I find it more useful then OnlyMe.
    Looks like an interesting program, although it appears to lock on an application basis, which sounds like you'd constantly have to unlock when going from one application to another. I'll give it a try though. Here's the link: Applock

Louis
    The approach used by the different programs is not the same. One basically protects a (series of) programs and the other the device itself. I lean toward the protection offered by a program like OnlyMe. I purchased it and had a bit of a problem with the Treo coming on/off. I switched to Treo Lock and no longer have the on/off problem. Ben
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    I like this applock because I don't need to lock my whole device, just some sensitive apps. I used to put those apps in a tab that was locked in zlauncher but the savvy user could bypass zlauncher and go into those apps through the built in launcher. This way they can't unless they know my code or key sequence (which BTW is also a neat feature).
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlczl
    I like this applock because I don't need to lock my whole device, just some sensitive apps. I used to put those apps in a tab that was locked in zlauncher but the savvy user could bypass zlauncher and go into those apps through the built in launcher. This way they can't unless they know my code or key sequence (which BTW is also a neat feature).
    I had some freezing/reset issues and deleted it
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger
    The approach used by the different programs is not the same. One basically protects a (series of) programs and the other the device itself. I lean toward the protection offered by a program like OnlyMe. I purchased it and had a bit of a problem with the Treo coming on/off. I switched to Treo Lock and no longer have the on/off problem. Ben
    What is "treo Lock"? I searched and couldn't find it.

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger
    I looked up Treo Lock and couldn't find it. Did you mean Teal Lock?

Louis
    I apologize. It is Teal Lock. The link is:

http://www.tealpoint.com/softlock.htm

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by nighthawk700
    I looked up Treo Lock and couldn't find it. Did you mean Teal Lock?

Louis
    Today's freebie is a puzzle game called Robot Panic

(Click the link to download your copy)

--TechDude
    The game's is pretty good.. and the free ebook is star trek at ereader.com
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    I downloaded app lock yesterday. It seems to make my Treo reset when i hotsync even when it is disabled. Does anybody else find this?
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    I downloaded app lock yesterday. It seems to make my Treo reset when i hotsync even when it is disabled. Does anybody else find this?
    Same thing happened to me. I got rid of the app.
    how do I uninstall applock?
    ok figured out how to uninstall applock.
    Today's entry is "Pilot Micro-Race" Link Here The only problem is, I installed the regular version, and it said "For an ARM device, install the 320 version." So I installed the 320 version, and the screen is all messed up, 320, hires... D'Oh!!!

We'll have to see if there is a way to get the regular version working on the Treo, otherwise this one is no good for us.

Louis
    Hi there,

I have been in touch with Xavier, the author of the software. He confirmed that Micro race does not work on the T600. He says that he "may" (my italics) update in the future.

His suggestion to all of us is:
    "They can register as it may be updated one day.
    But you're right they don't need to download and install it yet."

This is naff. Especially since the download, registration and key loading process is not the simplest.

So - my suggestion is you all save yourself the time and skip this one.

Regards
    Had the same problem, what a waste of time.