Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chucka
    that sux they would put the same app for free twice. but then again, we can't really complain since they are free.
    Maybe that means I'll have a second chance at Earth Defender.

--TechDude
    Quote Originally Posted by pochaco
    Hi-Res Icons was the freebie on 07/07 as well. I want something new
    Was it the same set of Hi-Res Icons, or a different set? Just wondering if they are repeating themselves or using different sets. Maybe we should ask them if they put out Hi-Res, to put out a lo-res too. I did get the free Hi-Res, I figure some day I'll have a Hi-Res, whether it's the Ace or something else.

Louis
    I haven't pushed the HiRes icons to the treo yet..but the catalog also mentions LowRes Icons. So it maybe bundled with it. Its worth a try....
    Quote Originally Posted by nighthawk700
    Was it the same set of Hi-Res Icons, or a different set? Just wondering if they are repeating themselves or using different sets. Maybe we should ask them if they put out Hi-Res, to put out a lo-res too. I did get the free Hi-Res, I figure some day I'll have a Hi-Res, whether it's the Ace or something else.

Louis
    Same set.

BTW, check out today's free offering. It's freeware to begin with.
  5.    #45  
    yeah, todays free bonus beats everything.
    it is amazing, but not amusing ...
    Did you use Profeo today ?
    You mean this?

"CalorieKing FREE Health Tools
    The CalorieKing.com Handheld FREE Health Tools is a collection of handy health and lifestyle related calculators and regularly updated articles.

WAS: $0.00 NOW: Free"

How low can they get?

Quote Originally Posted by nachon
    yeah, todays free bonus beats everything.
    it is amazing, but not amusing ...
    Quote Originally Posted by newtreouser

How low can they get?
    wellllll, not much lower!!! heehee
    Now it says Was $1.00 NOW: Free
    Quote Originally Posted by 9thTee
    Now it says Was $1.00 NOW: Free
    Now that's just pathetic. You can go to Calorie King's webpage and get it for free. http://www.calorieking.com/software/ckfreetools.php Guess they didn't want to look like they goofed.

Louis
  10.    #50  
    this is getting lamer ...
    palmgear you have gone down in my books becuase of this lets hope they make up for it
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Quote Originally Posted by PRANKSTAR
    palmgear you have gone down in my books becuase of this lets hope they make up for it
    Most deffinitely. I just came to check this thread again because I noticed it said $0.00 this morning and $1.00 this afternoon. I wanted to se if anyone else noticed.

Also, their description of the product on PalmGear still reads "...so keep coming back to download new versions. Why not, it's free!"

So they just decided to cover up their cheapness instead of releasing a REAL freebie. And they didn't even cover it up well. What's next charging for Sol Free? Give me a break.

You know, if you don't try to download Calorie King from the promotional download it actually tries to charge you $1.00 for the software too. I wonder if Calorie King knows they're trying to profit from their software?

-TechDude
    To make for for it. I say they should give us the following free downloads:

Zlauncher
    SnapperMail
    PTunes Deluxe

What else can you think of?

Quote Originally Posted by PRANKSTAR
    Quote Originally Posted by newtreouser
    To make for for it. I say they should give us the following free downloads:

Zlauncher
    SnapperMail
    PTunes Deluxe

What else can you think of?
    Bejeweled
    MMPlayer
    Palm RAMDisk
    BackupBuddy
    Warefare Incorporated (anyone tried playing this on the Treo?)

--TechDude
    I just sen a message to palmgear. Lets see what they have to say for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by TechDude
    To PalmGear:

So let me get this right...

You're charging $1.00 for a free piece of software (CalorieKing FREE Health Tools) so that you can call it a free giveaway? Come on guys, I thought you were better than that.
    --TechDude
    Todays Freebie is once again Handmark Checklist. I wonder if these few titles are just going to repeat every day for the 25 day period. I really dont want to complain because after all they are free. But I have to confess to being a little disappointed.
    Quote Originally Posted by FreePour
    Todays Freebie is once again Handmark Checklist. I wonder if these few titles are just going to repeat every day for the 25 day period. I really dont want to complain because after all they are free. But I have to confess to being a little disappointed.
    I agree. Its not right to look a gift horse in the mouth...but still.... its hardly a spectacular event if they keep repeating the free stuff and start putting something that is alreay $0.0 for free. And...to quote their page :

http://promo.palmgear.com/summerSale/palmgear.html

* 25 FREE products in 25 days!

And any reasonable person would read this as 25 different products not 1 or 2 products repeated multiple times... !.

Shame on you palmgear.com....

and oh...while we are imagining what else they could offer for free... i wish it were:

ZLaucher
    BackupBuddy
    PocketQuicken
    MobileDB (not Lite)
    I wonder if PalmGear got a lot more response than they expected. Since the software producers are still supposed to get their $$ (I would guess), this may be costing them more than they expected. Not that I'm saying that excuses things like this.

Louis

BTW: CalorieKing FREE Health Tools is still $1.00... wonder when it'll go back to being free. :-)
  19.    #59  
    Well, today I was more satisfied with PalmGear. The free progam of the day is PalmaryClock, which is a nice improvement from the last few days. :-)

"PalmaryClock Screensaver
    PalmaryClock Screensaver is a full-featured clock with skin and background support. Slideshow mode, Users skins and backgrounds, Fast Skin and Background processing.
    WAS: $7.95 NOW: Free"

The free book at eReader.com is:

"Adventures of Tom Sawyer
    Mark Twain's great American novel of youthful adventure.
    WAS: $2.95 NOW: Free"

And I also noticed, that "The Da Vinci Code" is on sale for $9.95 and Asimov's "Have Robot Will Travel" is for $7.50. Both seem to be good bargains on nice books.
    well done palm gear you have done better today but i still cant belive you put a free app there anyway i like PalmaryClock
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast