1.    #1  
    Anyone know of any text-only browsers for Treo 600??
    How about just turning images off in Blazer? Menu -> Options -> Preferences
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    eudora's pretty swift as a text only browser. and it's free.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ido
    I have tried Eudora and it seems to stop loading web pages that are bigger than 40k or so. Also, I cannot enter data into web page fields in OS 5 in Eudora. Anyone else notice this?
    Quote Originally Posted by joej
    I have tried Eudora and it seems to stop loading web pages that are bigger than 40k or so. Also, I cannot enter data into web page fields in OS 5 in Eudora. Anyone else notice this?

Yes I have. I used it extensively on the treo 300 but had to give it up on the t600, for the resons you mentioned.

Pete
    Bump.

So I just tried Eudora, and it's almost exactly what I need, except for the fact that it stops loading pages after 40k. I frequent a message board that looks terrible on both modes of Blazer. It works better on web browser pro.

Are there any other text only web browsers or any other browsers besides xiino that anyone can suggest?
    Try Xiino. Turn images off in the prefs and it turns into a pretty nifty text only borwser. Very fast and supports javascript TOO!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    yeah, just downloaded xiino the other day; pretty cool!
    so, gfunk, have you had xiino long? notice any limitations with the treo and os5?
    yeah, just downloaded xiino the other day; pretty cool!
    so, gfunk, have you had xiino long? notice any limitations with the treo and os5?

Yeah I had it since my old Treo300. However, I admit I don't use it as much anymore. The updated version is compatible with OS 5.x...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Dang, I'm pissed off that I used up my trial for Xiino before I tried it as a text only browser.

Nobody knows any way to get a second trial, do they. Does it work if you use an earlier version?
    I'm trying to get eudora to work as it did on my 7135. It think it is a OS 5 incompatibility problem. On all input fields eudora fills in the following message:
    Direct access to field -> text no allowed
    When that field is cleared and replaced with valid data, it doesn't take.

Others have had the problem but the google search only revealed one English post with no responders. The only post with responses is in French:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e....fr%26rnum%3D4

(My French is too rusty to comprehend it.)
    FYI, we just released a beta release of Xiino with 5-way support on mytreo.net
    in blazer surf to www.webxcope.com open an account & set prefs to no images. you get a link instead.
    Animo et Fide
    The french post (run through Babelfish, with a few fix-ups) says:

"Direct access access to field- text No allowed" Veiled. Direct access to the structures. Not good! However, they knew it, in 2001, date of the last update, which one was going to prevent it... moreover the navigator webpro does not function: he does not find my Intranet server same while seizing are fixed address IP!!!!!!! whereas a DNS server exists on the network And you indicated this DNS in your preferences networks? However, that does not change anything, since you give the IP... The problem comes from the proxy, I suppose. It cannot reach this server, or it is filtered by the firewall. In this case, you should perhaps test PocketLink, which is also without proxy, but is more recent...
    And the poster replied:

Euréka! It works - in spite of some modification necessary in my programation php on the apache server but it goes has to you it finally there other experiments of this type tried by users of palm?? thank you for the new posting
    I'm also having this trouble with my Treo 650 and EudoraWeb...

David

Quote Originally Posted by Beryl
    I'm trying to get eudora to work as it did on my 7135. It think it is a OS 5 incompatibility problem. On all input fields eudora fills in the following message:
    Direct access to field -> text no allowed
    When that field is cleared and replaced with valid data, it doesn't take.

Others have had the problem but the google search only revealed one English post with no responders. The only post with responses is in French:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e....fr%26rnum%3D4

(My French is too rusty to comprehend it.)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdType
    How about just turning images off in Blazer? Menu -> Options -> Preferences
    Guess he/she doesn't want the option of turning them back on.

16. AKC
    try using skweezer.com