1.    #1  
    I have read of the better speed of CDMA with Sprint and the better battery life of GSM with ATT. Are there any other considerations? I have had many business accounts with Tmo, ATT(GSM), and Cingular, but nothing with Sprint. ATT will not insure a T600, but Sprint will. ATT unlimited internet addon is $50/month while Sprint is $15. Can someone tell me how Sprint service, coverage, and dependability compares to ATT?
    Converage greatly depends on your area.

Go to SprintPCS.com and look at the map. Ask your friends if they have Sprint.

I can tell you that the coverage in Pittsburgh, PA is pretty good -- although I'm not sure how much it will help.
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonphillips
    I have read of the better speed of CDMA with Sprint and the better battery life of GSM with ATT. Are there any other considerations? I have had many business accounts with Tmo, ATT(GSM), and Cingular, but nothing with Sprint. ATT will not insure a T600, but Sprint will. ATT unlimited internet addon is $50/month while Sprint is $15. Can someone tell me how Sprint service, coverage, and dependability compares to ATT?

Depends on where you live
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    If you've already got a carrier you're happy with, and that can carry the Treo600, then I'd recomend staying put. However, if you're ready to switch, or don't currently have a carrier, then I'd recommend Sprint. Sure the battery life isn't as good as the GSM model, but it's not bad. The increased data speed is a decent trade-off.

More than anything, though, is the $15 per month data service Sprint offers. It's difficult for me to fathom why anyone would pay $50 per month for slow GPRS speeds. In my opinion, that's nothing short of highway robbery. That's more than I pay for my cable modem at home, which is over 2 megs per second.

As others have said, though, make sure whatever carrier you choose has good coverage in your area. Check the coveage maps, and check with friends/coworkers to get opinoins.