View Poll Results: How much would you pay for a Treo 600 (unlocked) today?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • < $100

2 2.99%
  • $100 - $149

2 2.99%
  • $150 - $199

5 7.46%
  • $200 - $249

8 11.94%
  • $250 - $299

10 14.93%
  • > $299

40 59.70%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    i got mine off ebay for $425USD, GSM model
    couldn't be happier
    Quote Originally Posted by techjunkie
    Out of everyone who voted in the poll, I wonder how many doesn't own a 600. If I own the 600, I think that I would still want it to hold its value.

For someone like me who doesn't have the 600 yet, I have a really hard time forking over a few hundred bucks just for 2-3 mths.
    Do not hold your breath. I paid $700- for an "early" unlocked GSM 600 months after HS/P1 promised it. They not only misled the consumer, they misled their distributors. I still have the e-mails from distributors who took my order based on commitments from HS/P1 and then had to admit that they could not deliver. Baiting with rumors to create demand for what they cannot deliver seems to be part of their business plan. These people are sleeze; there is nothing to recommend them except their product.

Anyone who thinks that they can game P1 for a couple of hundred dollars deserves what they get. I buy what can be delivered today at today's price. My 600 is worth what I paid for it. I will worry about tomorrow another day. I expect that I will upgrade to a new and improved 600 at the earliest date at whatever I have to pay but I will certainly not speculate on when or how much that will be.
    I dumped my 300 and bought a 600 from Sprint they day they came out - dropped about $599 + tax. Literally the next week the 300's (for which I had paid $399) were being sold for $149, and now it seems I have seen ads for $99. The 300's became "nothing" in Sprint's eyes.

So my friend, who bought this 300 shortly after I did, chose not to get a 600 - too expensive. His flip on his 300 has broken three times, and all three times Sprint has replaced his phone because it is a "know engineering issue." This last time, however, they did not have any 300's to give him, and they told him that they would not be getting any more. So instead they ordered him a 600 to replace his 300... under warranty at NO COST to my friend.

I am convinced that the clerk made a terrible error and that this is not Sprint's policy - I beleive that when he returns to get his phone he is going to learn that the "deal is off." But what if it is not? This is exactly the attitude Sprint had towards the 300 when the 600 was released - only sooner seeing as how the ACE has not even been released yet.

Not even a year later and my $599 investment is rapidly becoming worthless. Of course, I'll be the first in line for the ACE
    Quote Originally Posted by dudemasicus
    ...my 300...(for which I had paid $399) were being sold for $149, and now it seems I have seen ads for $99. The 300's became "nothing" in Sprint's eyes...Not even a year later and my $599 investment [TREO 600] is rapidly becoming worthless...
    Shhhh...don't let "mtt" read this!
    Quote Originally Posted by dudemasicus

Not even a year later and my $599 investment is rapidly becoming worthless. Of course, I'll be the first in line for the ACE
    Come on, Dude, cell phones are consumables, not investments. Do not confuse reality with the rationales you use to convince your spouse.
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    Come on, Dude, cell phones are consumables, not investments. Do not confuse reality with the rationales you use to convince your spouse.
    Hehe... perhaps that was the wrong term...

I spoke to a friend at Sprint about the fact that it has not even been a year and they are already replacing my 600 and he pretty much told me the same thing. Oh he added some blah blah about how Sprint loses money on evey 600 sale even $599, but whatever... he knows that I'll keep coming back for more.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    Shhhh...don't let "mtt" read this!
    Too late - I read it

I see it this way: Right now nice Palm 515s and Treo 270s are selling for about $200 on ebay. Both are obsolete to cutting edge techies, both are discontinued (at least no longer produced) and 2+ years old, but they both offer a useful PDA that people will buy at a reasonable price.

By this same example, when the Ace is out, retail $500, why in the world will not there not be a continuing market for a similar PDA, with most of the features and a very similar look, for 1/2 to 2/3 the cost? I could even see Palmone selling them both retail.
    MTT
    Handspring Visor, Palm V, HS Treo 180, HS Treo 90, P1 Treo 600, P1 Treo 650, Palm Treo 700p... still hanging tough with Palm OS
    Well I am happy that I got my Treo 600 (Unlocked GSM) for $399 directly from HS in Feburary of this year. Hopefully when I upgrade to the new Treo Ace, that I will not lose more than $250
    Well, I went with my friend to the Sprint store to pick-up his free upgrade from a 300 to a 600, fully expecting it to be some sort of mistake. But it was not. Sprint PCS replaced his Treo 300 with a Treo 600 for free - under warranty - to fix the issue of the breaking "flip". What a croc. The flip of my Treo 300 broke 3 times. Sprint replaced it each time, but it was up to me to buy a 600 if I wanted to dump the 300.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12