1.    #1  
    Ever since loading the latest beta, I have serious problems with imap. I get an error:

Communications problem
    The send or receive did not complete successfully.

When I click on "view log"

It says, among other things, "Protocol error while receiving from IMAP server
    Duration: 16.

I had this problem yesterday, and then I accessed the imap mailbox from my computer, and then I was able to access it from the Treo, but right now, it doesn't work at all from the Treo. Any suggestions? Has anyone else encountered this?

At the moment, there doesn't seem to be anything I can do to avoid this error on my treo. Accessing mail on my desktop (Mac OS/X) still works fine.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Avi
    Ever since loading the latest beta, I have serious problems with imap. I get an error:

Communications problem
    The send or receive did not complete successfully.

When I click on "view log"

It says, among other things, "Protocol error while receiving from IMAP server
    Duration: 16.

I had this problem yesterday, and then I accessed the imap mailbox from my computer, and then I was able to access it from the Treo, but right now, it doesn't work at all from the Treo. Any suggestions? Has anyone else encountered this?

At the moment, there doesn't seem to be anything I can do to avoid this error on my treo. Accessing mail on my desktop (Mac OS/X) still works fine.
    Make sure you send this to Snappermail as a possible bug report....they may or may not already know about.

support@snappermail.com
  3.    #3  
    (yes, I sent that to snappermail)

I deleted my imap account on the Treo600 and created a new one, and the problem persists, so that rules out something screwy in the account. I also logged directly into the imap server and nothing seems to be wrong there. No .lock files, or any such problems that I could see.

Imap is unusable at the moment on my Treo600. Going back to pop is inconvenient, as I use multiple devices to read mail.
  4.    #4  
    I installed the July 8 beta, and the problem seems to be gone.
    There's a beta out today, Avi? Where did you get it?
    The betas are updated at snappermail.com (they just do it with no info)
    They're discussed at their yahoo group.
    oh. thanks dutch. i hate to be out of the loop!
    No problem, same here.
    I experienced this same problem after upgrading to BETA 2.0.3.0.5 today. I resolved the problem by performing a soft reset on the Treo & now all is well.
    What is imap?
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=imap

There is a site www.google.com that is excellent for finding answers and info.
    I have had trouble with the beta seeing messages that are deleted. This is a server problem. As of today..the beta is working perfectly for me.

Derek
    Derek

Treo 180 --> 270 --> 600 --> 650 --> 680 -- Pro ( )